In today’s technologically-forward world, there’s an app for just about everything. If you don’t have a phone or tablet full of them to date, there’s a reason to explore the Google Play or Apple App Store. Keeping track of your fitness goals is easy with the right tools. The apps listed here provide you with plenty of opportunities to track your progress, tweak your habits, and record your accomplishments from the comfort of your favorite electronic device. The end result is that you’ll be able to visually see your progress and make changes to your daily routine in order to make things happen for you.
Tools That Assist You in Making Your Health and Wellness Goals a Reality
Here are ten apps that help you stay on top of your fitness goals for real:
- Charity Miles. If you need a little motivation to get you going each day, this app provides it. With every mile walked, ran or biked, corporate sponsors donate money to the charity of your choice. You can help causes that you believe in and get in shape in the process. The app is available for iOS and Android phone users.
- Endomondo. Keeping track of your progress is easy with this app. You can log miles ran or swam. You can even challenge other members of the community to some friendly competition. Although there is a free version of the app, many people feel the need to upgrade for a nominal fee. The app works with iOS, Android, and Windows phones.
- Keelo. If you’re looking for HIIT workouts that you can do in the gym, this is the app for you. Although it charges a monthly fee for use, it can be very helpful. You can test out one of the workouts for free before committing to paying for a monthly subscription. It’s available for both iOS and Android devices.
- MapMyFitness. If keeping track of all your fitness activities is important to you, you’ll love this app. It gives equal importance to mowing the lawn and running. Upgrading to the MVP version of the app allows you to track other important data such as heartbeat. MapMyFitness also works with a number of fitness trackers making it easy to keep records of your progress. If you have a phone that is iOS or Android, you can download the app.
- FitnessPal. Keep tabs on what you’ve eaten throughout the day with this accurate app. It has a database of information including the calorie counts and nutrient value of many foods and beverages. You can search for what you’ve eaten or scan the barcode to record it in your daily totals. The app is free unless you want to upgrade to Premium on your iOS or Android device.
- MindBody. The free app allows you to search for fitness classes, nutritionists, and massage therapists in the area. It’s a valuable resource especially if you travel a lot and don’t want to spend extra time surfing the internet in hopes of finding the information. The app can be used on iOS and Android phones.
- MyPlate. Record what you’ve eaten and see how it stacks up nutritionally. A free version of the app doesn’t contain as many features as a paid version. If you’re looking for additional help with diet, this app may be the answer. You can use it regularly if you have an iOS or Android device.
- RockMyRun. Ever wished you had the perfect playlist for your runs? Now you do! With a membership to this app, you’ll be able to plan your music to match the fall of your feet while running. It’s a great way to ramp yourself up when you need to run but don’t feel like it. The app can be used by iOS and Android phone users.
- Runtastic Pro. The coaching app allows you to set goals and work toward them. It also keeps track of your activities as you complete the tasks. That way, you have a record of what you’ve done to date. The app can be used on iOS and Android phones as well as the web.
- Strava. If you like to compete, you’ll love the community that this app has built. You’ll be pitted against other members who have proven their worth by running, cycling, and swimming. The leaderboard shows who is on top and what you need to do to beat them. This app is great if you’ve hit a slump and want to get past it quickly. It’s available for iOS and Android devices for free with the option to upgrade if you’re interested.
This list of ten apps is just a few of the options available. There are many others that help you reach your fitness goals quickly and effectively. From apps that teach you how to deal with stress successfully to ones that help you keep track of the amount of water you’re drinking throughout the day, there is something for everyone.
Experimenting with a few to see which resonates most with you is highly recommended. Even the paid versions of apps come with a trial period. You’re able to test out the different features before making a commitment to using the app exclusively. It gives you a chance to familiarize yourself with its features to see which are the most useful for you. It’s a great way to try before you buy!
Give Some New Apps a Try to See If They’ll Help Your Fitness Journey
Use your phone or tablet to help you stay on track of what you’re trying to achieve physically. You’ve got options with the aforementioned ten apps. Each offers a completely different experience that inches you one step closer to your fitness goals. If you haven’t yet had the opportunity to try them out, take a chance by downloading a few and giving them a trial. The worse that can happen is that you find that they aren’t something you’ll use regularly and you can delete them off your electronic device right away.