Small and consistent changes help you exceed your fitness goals.
How well you live your life is entirely up to you. No matter what your circumstances may be, there are many ways to improve your situation. Through small, deliberate steps, you’re able to ignite change and exponentially raise your levels of health and happiness.
Here are twenty lifestyle tweaks that improve your health and happiness today:
- Create the perfect sleep sanctuary inside your home. Your bedroom should be one room that is cool, comfortable, and inviting. It should promote deep, restful slumber by being free of clutter, dark, and the right temperature. Investing in sleep-promoting blackout curtains or blinds, a white noise machine, eye mask, and ear plugs could help you get the rest you need to thrive. Paying close attention to the type of mattress you sleep on makes a difference, too, because a poorly made one will keep you up at night.
- Make water the beverage you consume the most of. Calorie-free and full of health benefits, H2O is essential to good health. If you don’t already drink enough water, now is the time to change that. Buy a refillable water bottle and take it with you wherever you go. That way, you always have an excuse to drink water. It helps flush impurities out of your system and make you feel full even when you’re not. It’s the ultimate diet and fitness aid.
- Prevent muscle cramps by consuming foods high in magnesium. Add leafy green vegetables, legumes, nuts, and seeds to your shopping list. Consume these foods frequently for natural sources of magnesium. You’ll be able to prevent wicked muscle cramps from keeping you out of the gym.
- Surround yourself with people who love and support you. It’s human nature to want to connect with others. Find people who lift you up and inspire you and spend time with them. Connect more regularly with your family and friends. They’ll benefit from the interactions, too.
- Make your mornings count by rising early and getting stuff done. Become an early riser and see how much of your to-do list you can slay before you head out of your home for the day. By making yourself a priority, you’re able to accomplish more of the things you want to do instead of just tackling the things you’re required to do.
- Tend to your mental health by taking regular breaks from the digital world. Do a detox of all digital media for a day or two. If you think you can make it a week or month, by all means, give it a try. Instead, focus on bettering yourself and the world around you. The world existed before the internet. Find a way to reconnect to the part of yourself that wasn’t so reliant on technology.
- Set up a home gym inside your residence. Decide which equipment you’ll use most. Then find a dedicated place to set up your home gym. Make it feel welcoming so that you’ll enter the space whenever you don’t have the time to go to the real gym or fitness center.
- Eat lean protein for better body fuel. Choose better quality protein to consume. You don’t need to live on shakes and bars. Become better informed about nutrition so you make the best choices every time you eat.
- Admit defeat and learn from it. As a human being, you’ll experience setbacks from time to time. Don’t let your failures define you. Instead, reap the rewards of a lesson learned.
- Spend time in the sunshine. Up your Vitamin D production. Just 15 minutes in the sun is all it takes to feel better. After that, make sure to slather on the sunscreen to prevent sunburn.
- Find a hobby that consumes your time. It will give you something fun to look forward to. Take up a new sport, learn a new skill or find a new way to give back to your community. You’ve got more options than you even realize.
- Give to others who need your help. It feels great to assist others. Find a group or non-profit needing your assistance and pitch in wherever you can. You’ll feel like you’re serving your life’s purpose by helping others.
- Learn to love your farmer’s market. Support local farmers by buying directly from them and not the supermarket. You’ll find fresher, healthier foods to choose from. You may also discover food you’ve never tried before.
- Take time away from the screen to rest your eyes. If you work on a computer or stare at a phone screen for any length of time, give your eyes a break. Take a few minutes every hour to look away from the screen.
- Practice strength training exercises for best results. Build up strength, endurance, and stamina. Increase balance. Resistance training is very helpful in getting you to meet your most lofty fitness goals.
- Find new ways to move daily. From parking in the furthest parking spot to holding walking meetings at work, there are many ways to sneak exercise into your day. Make it a point to move often. It’s especially important to do if you have a desk job.
- Cultivate inner peace through meditation. Spend at least five minutes a day in silence. That way, you can cultivate inner peace and get real about your needs as a person. You’ll be better able to cut through the chatter that goes on in your brain so you can come up with the best solutions for your life.
- Come up with a list of stress-management techniques that you use regularly. Overcome difficulty with greater ease. Have a list of tricks that help relax you right away. That way, stress doesn’t become a common theme in your life.
- Add music to your workout routines. It can motivate you and help you power through the most difficult workout. Come up with playlists that you use in the gym. It’ll make your workouts even more enjoyable.
- Buddy up with someone else needing support. You can be the driving force in helping them become healthier and happier. A mutually beneficial relationship allows both parties to thrive. You’d be amazed how big a role an accountability buddy plays in your life and fitness journey.
Health and happiness are your birthright. Make small changes and see big results throughout the year. You’ve got the power to do everything you set out to do and be the powerful person you always dreamed of being.