1. Home
  2. /
  3. 5 Incredible Foods That Help Strengthen Your Bones

5 Incredible Foods That Help Strengthen Your Bones

You’ll feel yourself getting stronger with every delicious bite you take.

Calcium plays a major role in your body with 99 percent of your daily intake going to support bones and teeth and the remaining 1 percent for blood clotting, nerve function, the contraction of muscles, and the signaling of cells. If you want to keep your skeleton strong, structured, and functional, you’re going to need to make sure that you’re getting your daily calcium requirements through the foods that you eat. You’ll need a good amount of the substance to help you power through your workouts.

Dairy Isn’t the Only Source of Calcium

Here are five incredible foods that help strengthen your bones:


Think milk, cheese, cottage cheese, and yogurt. If you’re vegetarian or vegan, nut milk is a great substitute. Almonds have an outstanding amount of calcium in them, so an almond milk would be ideal for you. It’s also incredibly versatile, so you can drink it by the glass or use it in your favorite recipes to get the most use out of it.

White Beans

Full of fiber and protein, beans are also a rich source of potassium and calcium. They help you feel full longer, speed up your metabolism, and prevent fat storage in the body. If you want a truly satisfying meal, eat a bowl of white beans.


Soybeans are calcium-rich and delicious. Tofu is a cheap meat substitute even for people who are carnivores. It takes on any flavor that it is cooked with, too. There are many ways to prepare tofu, making it an excellent option for vegetarians, vegans, and meat-eaters alike to enjoy.


The delicious citrus fruit has vitamin C as well as 74 milligrams of calcium. Oranges can be eaten by themselves or used in a variety of dishes to create a sensation that tickles your taste buds. Orange juice is also a great option if you opt for the naturally-sweetened, calcium variety.

Sweet Potatoes

A yam has calcium, potassium, vitamin A, and vitamin C in it. You can eat it in place of a baked russet potato for more bone-strengthening action. You can even make fries out of the sweet root vegetable. Simply baking the sweet potato in its skin is good enough because it really does taste excellent with a pat of butter on it.

If you want to keep your bones from breaking while strength training, the best option is to make sure that you include calcium in your diet every day. Men and women need different amounts. Older people need more calcium than younger people.

Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) of Calcium for Adults

If you’re male and between 19-50 or 51-70 years old, you’ll want at least 1,000 mg. The same age of female needs 1,000 mg. Men aged 71 and older need 1,200 mg. Women age 51 and older also need 1,200 mg daily.

Prevent Brittle Bones and Osteoporosis with Calcium-Rich Foods

Eat food that fuels your body and strengthens your bones. Include the options listed above to your shopping list and notice a distinct difference in how you feel when you work out. Calcium-rich foods prevent bones from becoming porous and brittle. It fights against osteoporosis and other bone-related diseases.