Last Updated on February 12, 2021 by JP
The Bowflex BXE216 Elliptical is the higher-end option within the Bowflex series of front-drive elliptical trainers, for which there is also the Bowflex BXE116 Elliptical. The BXE216 is designed to provide a durable and smooth ride with a 35-pound flywheel, which is rare to find for this value in the category of at-home ellipticals, making it suitable for trainees up to 400 pounds. The BXE216 also comes with 11 built-in workout programs that allow for customizable programming tailored to countless goals, ensuring you never get bored.
The BXE216 also comes with a generous and adjustable stride length of 22”—about 2 inches longer than the standard at-home elliptical. For taller trainees, this would be an important factor. All in all, the BXE216 Elliptical is a well-rounded, goal-oriented elliptical that is space-conscious, versatile, and durable at an excellent value compared to its competitors on the market for the same price.
- Height: 70”
- Width: 31”
- Length: 77”
- Item weight: 263 lbs
- Max user weight: 400 lbs
- Up to 25 resistances at the tip of your fingertips and easily accessible on the console to adjust the intensity of your workout.
- Power incline up to 10% allows for you to adjust the intensity of your workout easily on the console.
- 22” generous stride length is longer than most people’s natural gait, allowing for flexibility in the height of the trainee.
- 35lb effective flywheel system ensures a smooth and low-impact experience.
- Switch SelectTM Cushioning System allows you to adjust the pedal angles for comfort or additional and target muscle activation.
- Moving handlebars with multiple grip options allow for total body workouts involving upper-body programs.
- Each Bowflex model comes equipped with a heart rate chest strap for monitoring to further target your workouts and control the intensity.
- 9” full-color backlit display screen keeps you work out programs right in front of you in vivid detail.
- Syncs with Free Results SeriesTM App, making it easier than ever to track and record your goals and progress.
- Bluetooth compatibility allows for hassle-free, wireless stats sharing and recording.
- Integrated speaker and sound system allows you to enjoy your music as you work out.
- 11 pre-programmed workouts created by top-level fitness professionals and targeted to your specific goals.
- Display readouts and user feedback include:
- Total calories burned
- Burn rate (per minute burn rate calculator)
- Heart rate
- Frame: 15 years
- Parts: 5 years
- Labor: 2 years
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs may vary for the Bowflex BXE216 but you can usually get free shipping at Bowflex.com – click here to check.
Like most ellipticals, the Bowflex BXE216 comes with a number of parts and wires to put together. Fortunately, it also comes with a step-by-step assembly manual. So, while it’s going to take you a little time to get together, somewhere around four hours, it’s not going to be too difficult.
What We Love About the Bowflex BXE216:
In addition to providing a smooth and comfortable workout with little to no impact on the joints, the Bowflex BXE216 Elliptical comes equipped with eleven built-in workout programs. These programs are extensive and allow training for multiple different goals, such as heart rate training, fat burn, 5k, intervals, and more. Plus, with the 25 levels of built-in resistance as an option, you pretty much have the ability to get a different workout every time.
Extra-Long Stride Length And Heavy Flywheel
The standard for stride length among most at-home ellipticals is around 20”, however the Bowflex BXE216 provides an extra two inches for stride. Taller trainees will greatly appreciate this rare feature, especially for this value. The extra-long stride length is good for trainees of average height, too, as studies have shown that stretching your stride length during a workout is a safe and effective way to increase calorie burn. Of course, the adjustability of the stride path makes it suitable for users of average height who do not necessarily want to open up their stride. Either way, the extra few inches make this elliptical ideal for taller trainees or users who are sharing it among family members and require some extra adjustability. In addition, the 35 lb flywheel allows for a smoother and more durable ride, allowing the equipment to take more abuse than lighter ellipticals in general.
To be honest, it’s tough to really pinpoint any concrete negatives for the Bowflex BXET216 Elliptical. As far as high-quality, heavy duty ellipticals go, this model is a top performer. That said, as it is fairly new to the market, there is no way of knowing how durable the unit really is over time. So, if you’re looking for a model series that has been tested time and time again and proven to hold up, taking a leap with a newer model may be a bit riskier. The quality of the components, however, does bode well, but there’s no way of knowing how, for example, the Bluetooth connectivity will be holding up over time.
How the Bowflex BXE216 Compares to the Bowflex BXE116
The Bowflex BXT216 is a premium model from the company among their results-series Ellipticals, which includes the more inexpensive BXT116 model. In comparison, the BXT216 has a heavier flywheel at 35lbs, as opposed to 30lbs for the BXT116, allowing for a slightly more durable construction given the heavier base. The BXT116 also has fewer built-in programs, but all in all, they are very similar, high quality machines that will deliver similar training experiences.
Final Word on the Bowflex BXE216
The Bowflex BXE216 is the more premier model compared to the other elliptical within the series, the Bowflex BXE116. With a longer stride, heavier flywheel, 11-built-in fitness programs, and a large, full-color screen, this elliptical has everything you need to have fantastic workouts without worrying about too much wear and tear over time. For the value, this is an exciting offering for any trainee looking for an effective, low-impact workout on a high-quality machine.