The NordicTrack A.C.T. Commercial 10 Elliptical is a center drive elliptical from a highly respected name in the fitness industry. Many users prefer center drive ellipticals to the front or rear drive for their ability to keep you in a more upright position with less of stress on the hips, however this depends on personal preference. It is also important to note that the design of center drive ellipticals does not allow for an adjustable incline, eliminating one feature that many trainees like to have available to them as a way to intensify a workout.
This model in the ACT elliptical series (NTEL71615) boasts an incredible 10” web-enabled color touchscreen, complete with essentially infinite entertainment to help keep your workouts interesting. You can surf the web, read e-mails, run along to thousands of workouts using iFit Coach, run on real terrain as simulated by Google Maps street view, and more. If that doesn’t quite do it for you, place your personal tablet in the holder above the screen and select your entertainment of choice.
In general when it comes to ellipticals, the heavier the flywheel, or anchor, the smoother the ride. The NordicTrack A.C.T. Commercial 10 comes with a heavy 25-pound flywheel, which will help stabilize the machine to provide a smoother stride. What’s great about the A.C.T. Commercial 10 is the new and improved adjustable stride, which allows you to adjust the stride while you’re using the machine—a feature that was not previously available on older models in the A.C.T. series. The stride is adjustable between 18” and 22” inches, so whether you’re on the short or tall side, you’ll be able to find a comfortable stride for your training (and without stopping your workout to do so). The ACT Elliptical also comes with a heart rate monitor, which allows you to accurately track your heart rate using Bluetooth technology as an alternative to grasping the hand sensors during your workout.
- Height: 64.25”
- Width: 31.5”
- Length: 54.0”
- Item weight: Not Available
- Max user weight: 350 lbs
- Integrated tablet holder secures your personal tablet device for your favorite music and movies during your workout
- 10” web-enabled color touchscreen allows you to swipe through your workout statistics, surf the web, watch your favorite video content, read e-mails, and more
- Immersive fitness with iFit Coach brings you the world at your fingertips, taking you on virtually guided runs all over the globe and keeping track of your nutrition, sleep, exercise, and daily activity
- Dual 3-inch built-in speaker system allows you to plug in your own iPod device and workout to your favorite music
- 35 built-in workouts designed by certified personal trainers
- Advanced Bluetooth heart rate monitoring system
- AutoBreezeTM fan adjusts to your speed as you work out, keeping you cool and comfortable
- Console buttons allow you to easily and quickly change your resistance digitally to ensure a smooth ride
- Frame: Lifetime
- Parts: 5 years
- Labor: 2 years
- NordicTrack also provides a 30-day money back guarantee
Shipping and Assembly:
- Shipping is free if purchased on the NordicTrack website (see below).
- The A.C.T. Commercial 10 can easily be assembled at home using the provided instructions.
What We Love About the NordicTrack A.C.T. Commercial 10 Elliptical Machine:
The A.C.T. Commercial 10 elliptical boasts an incredible entertainment console, coming equipped with a 10” web-enabled, full-color touchscreen. Swipe between your workout statistics, you favorite video or music entertainment, your e-mail, and anything else you might do when you surf the web. In addition to the web functionality, the A.C.T. Commercial 10 elliptical is iFit Coach compatible, giving you virtually limitless workouts to choose from, all the while tracking your nutrition, sleep, exercise, and daily activity. This also includes Google Map Street View runs, where you can workout to the local terrain anywhere in the world.
If you choose not to subscribe to iFit, the NordicTrack Commercial 10 comes with 35 built-in workouts to help you work and tone your muscles. And finally, if neither of these are doing it for you, conveniently attach your own personal tablet to the tablet holder and work out to the content of your choice.
The reason why ellipticals feel so smooth and stable at the gym is mainly because they have a very heavy flywheel, or anchor, securing them to the ground. The 25-pound flywheel on the NordicTrack A.C.T. Commercial 10 elliptical helps you achieve a similar feel to these commercial grade ellipticals, providing a smooth ride. The heavy flywheel also gives you the assurance that you can have a hard-hitting workout without the fear of the machine toppling over.
As is true with all center drive ellipticals, the NordicTrack A.C.T. Commercial 10 elliptical has no adjustable incline, meaning you are limited to customizing your workout to resistance and stride only. For some who are looking for ways to intensify their workout, this could be a limiting factor. On the other hand, a center drive elliptical places the pedals closer to the floor, so if you have low ceilings, this could be the model you’re looking for.
Final Word on the NordicTrack ACT Commercial 10 Elliptical:
As a compact elliptical with a small footprint and a heavy flywheel, the NordicTrack A.C.T. Commercial 10 is an excellent option for those looking for a simple, sturdy elliptical with an exceptional entertainment console. However, if entertainment is not the most important factor, you may want to look at other similarly priced ellipticals, which offer many more adjustable and customizable features, and with only a slightly less impressive entertainment package. Rating: 94/100.