Last Updated on January 8, 2023 by Jeff
Let’s Get Started – FreeStride Trainer Overview:
*Note: The NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS7i has been discontinued. The Freestride FS10i and FS14i have taken its place.
The NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer series utilizes an innovative floating suspension system, which uses belts to virtually eliminate all impact and give you one of the smoothest rides available. As far as home elliptical machines go, the FS7i has a larger stride than a lot of other models including the FS5i Freestride at 38-inches, and features the ability to incline up to 10 percent. As far as how it compares to the most expensive model in the series, the FS9i, the FS7i has a slightly smaller entertainment touch screen, and does not have the ability to decline up to 10 percent. Overall, this model features a center-drive design and, incredibly, a full three training modalities in total. It combines the benefits of a stepper, a treadmill, and an elliptical in just one, compact machine.
While the FreeStride Trainer FS7i comes in at the middle of the series in terms of price and bells and whistles, it is the most popular, and still remains a luxury model. What makes the NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS7i a premium purchase over the older models in the series is the auto-adjustable 10 percent incline, the larger 7-inch web enabled touchscreen, the additional resistance levels, and the built-in workouts apps. The biggest draws for most will be the hybrid functionality, the price, as well as the addition of the 10 percent incline, which will expand the kinds of muscle groups you can tone and add a new dimension to your fitness. In addition to its versatility and three machines in one you’ll love the adjustable incline, the fact that FreeStride Trainer FS7i has a small footprint, is easy to assemble (unlike many at-home treadmills), and has transport wheels attached for quick storage after workouts.
The NordicTrack FS7i FreeStride Trainer comes with a lifetime warranty for the frame, a 5-year warranty for the parts, and a 2-year warranty for labor, which is slightly higher than some of the other series NordicTrack sells. Overall, the FreeStride Trainer FS7i is a top-notch choice from one of the most popular series from NordicTrack that will allow a trainee of virtually any fitness level to improve their fitness.
- Height: 74”
- Width: 29.5”
- Length: 58.5”
- Max user weight: 350 lbs
- Includes 1-year membership to iFit which infinitely expands your workout options with additional trainers and the ability to train using Google Maps
- 7” web-enabled touchscreen in full color gives you access to the web so you can read email, check your social media or the news, or surf the web as you normally would during your workout
- Pivoting integrated tablet holder
- 35 built-in workout apps allow you to keep your training programs varied and effective and include calorie burning, intensity, and performance apps designed by certified personal trainers
- 32” auto-adjustable stride combines the benefits of a treadmill, elliptical, and stepper into one using an innovative floating suspension design
- Bluetooth chest strap (included) allows you to monitor your heart rate while you workout
- 10% power-adjustable incline adds a new dimension to your training to simulate real-world terrain
- 24 digital resistance levels are easy and convenient to adjust using OneTouch controls
- AutoBreeze oversized fan auto-adjusts to your speed, keeping you cool throughout your workout
- Frame: 10 years
- Parts: 2 years
- Labor: 1 year
- NordicTrack also provides a 30-day money back guarantee
Shipping and Assembly:
- The Nordictrack FreeStride Trainer FS7i can easily be assembled at home using the provided instructions and snap assembly.
What We Love About the NordicTrack FreeStride FS7i Elliptical Trainer:
The innovative floating suspension system in the NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer series gives you the benefits of a stepper, elliptical, and treadmill, but the FreeStride Trainer FS7i comes with the added ability to incline up to 10 percent, unlike the FreeStride Trainer FS5i. This is a unique feature of an at-home gym that gives you loads of versatility in your workouts, as well as the ability to train and tone certain muscle groups that cannot be trained with the FreeStride Trainers FS5i. If this is a feature you love, you’re looking for more, and you have a higher budget, the FreeStride Trainer FS9i has the ability to decline up to 10 percent as well.
The FreeStride Trainer FS7i comes with a large, full-color touchscreen in the series at 7 inches. If entertainment and the size of the screen is important to you, this feature will help you decide if you’re choosing between the FS5i and FS7i trainers.
The FreeStride Trainer FS7i comes with a 20-pound flywheel, or anchor, which is on the lighter end of the spectrum when it comes to elite trainers. Heavy flywheels are a hallmark of smooth workout experiences, however, because the FreeStride FS7i Trainer has center-drive design and the center of gravity is a bit more balanced, it should still be able to give you a smooth ride.
Final Word on the NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS7i:
The NordicTrack FreeStrideFS7i Elliptical Trainer is the most popular buy among the series of FreeStride Trainers from NordicTrack. The FS7i could definitely be called a hybrid machine as it combines the benefits of three machines—the stepper, elliptical, and treadmill—into one with its floating suspension system, low-impact workouts, and power-adjustable incline of 10 degrees. For those looking for a luxury trainer with all the bells and whistles, and the added versatility of a power-adjustable incline, the NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS7i is an amazing choice. To compare Freestride Trainer models, for those looking for even more, the FS9i has a larger screen as well as the ability to decline. For those looking for a lower price, the FS5i has many of the same design features if you don’t mind sacrificing the large touchscreen. Rating: 97/100.