Last Updated on April 25, 2020 by Jeff
Let’s Get Started:
Nautilus is one of best manufacturers of fitness equipment around. You know you’re getting quality when you buy one of their machines and the Nautilus E616 Elliptical is no exception. This elliptical is strong and sturdy and comes with a 10 year warranty that this machine is sure to outlast.
The E616 Elliptical comes with some great features like 25 levels of resistance and motorized incline. It also has the DualTrack™ console loaded with features like 29 programs. (Compare this model to the Nautilus E614). The best programs are the 12 workout profiles that are pre-loaded and ready to go. It’s like having your own personal trainer. These workouts are sure to provide the intensity you need for a great workout and to burn some serious calories.
- Height: 63.2 inches
- Width: 26.7 inches
- Length: 71.5 inches
- Weight: 173.3 lbs
- High speed, high inertia drive system with a perimeter weighted flywheel for easy
start up and smooth, consistent workouts
- 20” precision path stride for natural movement
- Motorized incline for uninterrupted training while increasing intensity
- 25 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options
- Heart rate monitoring and chest strap capability
- DualTrack™ LCD display, media shelf, in-console speakers with MP3 input port, USB media charging and adjustable fan
- 29 programs: 12 profile, 9 heart rate, 4 custom, 2 fitness, 1 recovery test and 1 quick start
- Bluetooth connectivity to download workout data
- Time, distance and calories goal tracking with USB media tray with charging, adjustable 3 speed fan, water bottle holder and transport wheels
- Maximum User Weight: 300 lbs.
- DualTrack™ two blue backlit LCD window system
- Bluetooth and USB connectivity to Nautilus® Connect and MyFitnessPal to download workout data
- 12 profile programs including 4 fun rides, 4 mountain rides and 4 challenges.
- 9 heart rate programs with custom settings
- 2 fitness test programs to measure your physical fitness improvements
- 4 user profiles to store personal information and store workout data
- 1 recovery test program to measure your how quickly your heart rate recovers
- Quick start capability
- Workout data includes:
- Revolutions Per Minute
- Heart Rate
The frame has a ten (10) year warranty. It also has a two (2) year parts warranty, a one (1) year electronics warranty and a 90 day labor warranty.
Shipping and Assembly:
Nautilus does not sell and ship directly. Instead they sell and ship local retailer and online retailers like Amazon. For this reason shipping can vary.
The Nautilus E616 Elliptical comes with a step-by-step manual and tools to assembly the machine. Some users commented that assembly takes a little time because there are a lot of pieces. It will take at least an hour, maybe two, to put this elliptical together. Either way, assembly does not appear to be difficult.
When you think of innovative, top of the line exercise equipment, few names come up as often as Nautilus®. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, for over 40 years they have been revolutionizing the fitness industry with brands like Bowflex®, Schwinn®, Universal® and Nautilus®. Through the Nautilus® brand they produce full lines of upright bikes, recumbent bikes, elliptical and treadmills. They sell their products through both retail and direct channels around the world.
What We Love About the Nautilus® E616 Elliptical:
The best thing about the E616 Elliptical is that it’s made by Nautilus, a leader in exercise equipment. You’re getting a quality elliptical machine with this purchase. The Nautilus E616 Elliptical is very sturdy with its perimeter weighted flywheel and almost 72” footprint. It isn’t going to move during your most intense workouts. The DualTrack™ computer on this machine is also very nice. It’s packed with features and has the ability to download workout data.
It’s hard to find better quality exercise machine than a Nautilus. They’re one of a very few companies that immediately come to mind when you think of exercise equipment. The E616 is sure to provide you with excellent workouts for a very long time. It comes with a decent 10 year warranty, but chances are you won’t need to worry about that. This elliptical is strong, durable and very stabile due to its large footprint and well balances components. These features also provide a very smooth and realistic elliptical movement.
The DualTrack™ console on the Nautilus E616 Elliptical is very nice. This console has two backlit screens that display your workout data and is easily viewable in low light. As we’ve said already it also has 29 programs including 12 workout profiles like fun rides, mountain rides and challenges. It also has heart rate profiles which will give you the best workouts by ensuring you’re exercising within your target heart rate zone when you use the stationary grips. The console does allow you to use a chest heart rate monitor, but you’ll need to purchase this separately. The best feature about the computer on this elliptical, however, is that it has Bluetooth connectivity to transfer your workout data through Nautilus® Connect or MyFitnessPal. Features like these are great because they make using the E616 Elliptical enjoyable and keep you coming back for more exercises.
Not much to complain about here on the Nautilus E616 Elliptical. This machine comes with motorized incline which is a great feature to have on an elliptical machine. This means you can change the incline and your intensity without the need to stop your routine. While this is a great feature, the one downfall on the E616 Elliptical is the incline only goes to 11°. You’re going to get some added intensity with this, but it could be better. Other more expensive elliptical machines provide incline up to 20 ° and sometimes 30-40°. Not a huge deal.
Final Word on the Nautilus E616 Elliptical:
In it’s price range, the Nautilus E616 Elliptical is a great purchase. You are getting an elliptical machine that is going to last you a long time. More importantly, you’re getting an elliptical with some great features that going to make you want to use it for the life of the machine. Recommended.