Last Updated on
Let’s Get Started:
The NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS9i is the premium power-house model of the FreeStride Trainer series. This model features a center-drive design and three training modalities in total, combining the benefits of a stepper, a treadmill, and an elliptical trainer in just one, compact machine. The FreeStride Trainer series also utilizes an innovative floating suspension system, which uses belts to virtually eliminate all impact and give you one of the smoothest rides available. The FS9i has a larger stride than the FS5i at 38-inches and a larger range of resistance than the FS7i with 26 levels in total.
What makes the FreeStride Trainer FS9i a premium purchase over the other models in the series is the auto-adjustable 10% incline and -10% decline, the larger 10-inch web enabled touchscreen, the additional resistance levels, and the built-in workouts apps. The biggest appeal for most will be the addition of the 10% decline, which will expand the kinds of muscle groups you can tone and add a new dimension to your fitness. In addition to its versatility as three machines in one with adjustable incline and decline, the FreeStride Trainer FS9i has a small footprint, is easy to assemble (unlike many at-home treadmills), and has transport wheels attached for quick storage after workouts.
The FreeStride Trainer FS9i comes with a 10 year warranty for the frame, a 2-year warranty for the parts, and a 1-year warranty for labor. Overall, the FreeStride Trainer FS9i is a top-notch choice from one of the most popular series from NordicTrack that will allow a trainee of virtually any fitness level to improve their fitness.
- Height: 58.3”
- Width: 29.5”
- Length: 73.6”
- Max user weight: 375 lbs
- 10” web-enabled touchscreen in full color gives you access to the web so you can read email, check your social media or the news, or surf the web as you normally would during your workout
- 38 built-in workout apps allow you to keep your training programs varied and effective and include calorie burning, intensity, and performance apps designed by certified personal trainers
- 32” auto-adjustable stride combines the benefits of a treadmill, elliptical, and stepper into one using an innovative floating suspension design
- Complimentary wireless chest strap allows you to monitor your heart rate while you workout
- -10% to 10% power-adjustable incline and decline adds a new dimension to your training to simulate real-world terrain
- iFit Coach compatibility (one year membership included) allows you to infinitely expand your workout options with additional trainers and the ability to train using Google Maps
- 26 digital resistance levels are easy and convenient to adjust using OneTouch controls
- AutoBreezeTM oversized fan auto-adjusts to your speed, keeping you cool throughout your workout
- OneTouch digital controls let you quickly adjust your workout without having to pause
- Frame: 10 years
- Parts: 2 years
- Labor: 1 year
- NordicTrack also provides a 30-day money back guarantee
Shipping and Assembly:
- Free Shipping if you click here now on NordicTrack.com. We’re not sure how long this will last.
- The FreeStride Trainer FS9i can easily be assembled at home using the provided instructions and snap assembly.
What We Love About the NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS9i:
The innovative floating suspension system in the NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer series gives you the benefits of a stepper, elliptical, and treadmill, but the FreeStride Trainer FS9i comes with the added ability to incline or decline up to 10% in either direction. This is a very unique feature of an at-home gym that gives you loads of versatility in your workouts, as well as the ability to train and tone certain muscle groups that cannot be trained with the FreeStride Trainers FS7i or FS5i, thanks to the decline feature.
The FreeStride Trainer FS9i comes with the 10″ Smart HD Touch Screen. This feature may help you decide if you’re choosing between the FS9i and the FS7i pr FS5i trainers which feature smaller 7″ touchscreens.
The FreeStride Trainer FS9i comes with a 20-pound flywheel, or anchor, which is on the lighter end of the spectrum when it comes to elite trainers. Heavy flywheels are a hallmark of smooth workout experiences, however, because the FreeStride FS9i Trainer has center-drive design and the center of gravity is a bit more balanced, it should still be able to give you a smooth ride.
The FreeStride Trainer FS9i is the premium purchase of the series, but the Trainer FS7i is also a premium buy that has a lot of the same features at a much more reasonable price. If you’re looking to buy a luxury trainer that has all of the bells and whistles, but you have a smaller budget, you may want to take a look at the FreeStride Trainer FS97i before making your purchase, as it is the most popular model of the series.
Final Word on the NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS9i:
The FreeStride Trainer FS9i is a unique, innovative and versatile premium purchase among the series of FreeStride Trainers from NordicTrack. The FS9i combines the benefits of three machines—the stepper, elliptical, and treadmill—into one with its floating suspension system, low-impact workouts, and power-adjustable incline and decline of 10 degrees both ways. The interactive iFit system will keep you challenged, invested, and coming back for more. For those looking for a luxury trainer with all the bells and whistles, and the added versatility of a power-adjustable decline, the FreeStride Trainer FS9i is a solid, and popular choice. Rated 94/100.