Last Updated on May 28, 2017 by TFM Staff
The ProForm 735 Smart Strider Elliptical Trainer has a strong commercial-grade steel construction and with its 18 lb, rear-mounted flywheel, this elliptical provides a solid and smooth stride for its users. This design provides a gym-like feel of a top elliptical that is two or three times more expensive. ProForm backs up their construction with a lifetime frame warranty.
The 735 Elliptical Trainer offers a lot of great options including 20 levels of resistance and up to 10 degrees of incline to ensure a customized workout with just the right intensity. Its oversized, adjustable foot pedals ensure a comfortable, pain-free workout at whatever intensity you opt for. Also helping with the right selection of workout intensity, the ProForm 735 Elliptical Trainer provides dual-grip heart rate monitoring. This will allow you to work out in your target heart zone and burn as many calories as possible.
- Height: 65”
- Width: 25”
- Length: 74”
- Item weight: 190 lbs
- Max user weight: 300 lbs
- Commercial grade steel construction makes this machine built to last.
- 18 lb rear flywheel provides a smooth, steady stride.
- 20 levels of silent magnetic resistance ensure a smooth, frictionless workout and allows you to adjust your workout resistance for increased calorie burn and higher intensity.
- SpaceSaver® design folds up in one easy step and frees up precious floor space. Perfect for apartment living or for people who just don’t have a lot of workout space.
- Oversized, adjustable foot pedals with several foot position options so you can settle in for a great workout and enjoy great traction control.
- 0-10 degree power incline with quick adjustment allows you to modify your incline to focus on specific muscle groups without losing your focus during your workout.
- Built-in, dual-grip heart rate monitor keeps you in your target zone for better, faster results.
- CoolAireTM workout fan has two speed settings to keep you cool during your most intense workouts.
- Water bottle holder so you can stay hydrated throughout your workout.
- 5” backlit display keeps you workout stats right in front of you.
- iPod® compatible so you can listen to your favorite music with the built-in sound system.
- iFit® compatible provides you with unlimited workouts designed by certified personal trainers.
- Provides global Google MapsTM routes, extensive fitness tracking and an unlimited workout library.
- 22 workout apps including:
- Calorie workouts
- Performance workouts
- Display readouts include:
- Speed (RPM)
- Calories (Cal & Cal/Hr)
- Frame: Lifetime
- Parts: 2 years
- Labor: 1 year
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the ProForm 735 Elliptical Trainer depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. However, some retailers, such as Amazon.com, will provide free shipping.
Assembly literally takes minutes with the 735 Elliptical Trainer. Most users commented that it took longer to throw away the packaging than it did to assemble this elliptical. You’ll be working out in no time with this machine.
What We Love About the ProForm 735 Elliptical Trainer:
The 22 programs on the ProForm 735 Elliptical Trainer are just the beginning. The world literally opens to you when you chose to connect to iFit®. This elliptical is iFit® compatible, which means you’ll need to purchase a wireless module and a subscription. iFit® is a smart fitness technology that provides quick and easy access to endless training opportunities including custom-built workouts, automatic tracking and routes powered by Google MapsTM. The custom-built workouts are provided by top fitness trainers like Jillian Michaels and automatically adjust your workout intensity. With Google MapsTM you can literally train anywhere in the world. The program provides you beautiful street views throughout the world and automatically adjusts the incline and decline to simulate the actual terrain.
Another nice feature of the ProForm 735 Elliptical Trainer is its design. We like the rear flywheel because it has a nice smooth, realistic stride motion. It provides a more gym-like feel that you get on a machine that costs a few thousand dollars. Another great design feature with the 735 Elliptical Trainer is the SpaceSaver® design. With this feature your elliptical easily folds up to free up floor space. With a footprint of over 6’ in length, this is an awesome feature.
While the ProForm 735 Elliptical Trainer provides a nice, smooth, gym-like stride for us, it may not for everyone. One drawback of this elliptical is that it has an 18” stride. At this price range, we would hope to have at least 20” and ideally up to 22”. With an 18” stride, ProForm is excluding a large pool of potential purchasers. If you’re taller than 6’, you may want to give the 735 Elliptical Trainer a test drive before buying.
Heart Rate Monitoring
The ProForm 735 Elliptical Trainer does have the ability to monitor your heart rate, but only through the grip sensors. It would be nice to have the ability to use a chest strap monitor, even if the elliptical was only compatible and didn’t actually provide one. This is an option that you can find on competitor models at and below this price range. If it’s something you’re interested in, you may want to look at our review of the Schwinn 470 Elliptical.
Final Word on the ProForm 735 Elliptical Trainer:
For under $900, the ProForm 735 Smart Strider Elliptical Trainer is a great purchase. It has everything that you’ll need to get a great workout. It has an excellent stride motion with the rear mounted flywheel and even though this creates a larger footprint, its SpaceSaver® design allows it to fold up quickly for compact storage. The number of exercise options with the optional iFit® technology is hard to beat and will keep you engaged for a long time. The only real drawback to this elliptical is its 18” stride length, which may not accommodate everyone. If you’re on the taller side, you’ll probably want to test drive the 735E Elliptical Trainer before making the buy.