Last Updated on March 2, 2018 by Jeff
The ProForm Endurance 520E Elliptical is a great all-around piece of elliptical equipment. It is well made with commercial grade steel and backed with a lifetime frame warranty.
It has tons of features that any user would be impressed with. First, it has oversized pedals with an adjustable stride up to 20”. This will accommodate the majority of potential users, even those at 6’ or taller. It also has features that will help you customize the intensity that you are looking for in a workout. Features like 18 levels of electronic, magnetic resistance that can be changed with the touch of a button. You also have the ability to incline the Endurance 520E Elliptical up to 20 degrees. But the best feature are the tons of workout options that are available with this elliptical. You get 18 pre-programmed workouts on the machine itself. However, it wouldn’t be a ProForm machine if they didn’t offer iFit® compatibility. With iFit® you get endless possibilities to your workout options.
- Height: 66.6”
- Width: 25”
- Length: 67.1”
- Item weight: 200 lbs
- Max user weight: 300 lbs
- Commercial grade steel construction makes this machine built to last.
- 20 lb flywheel with a faster gear ratio and effective weight placement to deliver a more natural striding experience.
- 18 levels of silent magnetic resistance ensure a smooth, frictionless workout and allows you to adjust your workout resistance for increased calorie burn and higher intensity.
- 20” adjustable stride is easily repositioned to enjoy a better individual fit.
- Oversized, adjustable foot pedals with several foot position options so you can settle in for a great workout and enjoy great traction control.
- 0-20 degree power incline with quick adjustment allows you to modify your incline to focus on specific muscle groups without losing your focus during your workout.
- Built-in, dual-grip heart rate monitor keeps you in your target zone for better, faster results.
- Integrated tablet holder keeps you conveniently close to all of your training tools and entertainment.
- Water bottle holder so you can stay hydrated throughout your workout.
- 5” backlit display keeps you workout stats right in front of you.
- iPod® compatible so you can listen to your favorite music with the built-in sound system.
- iFit® compatible provides you with unlimited workouts designed by certified personal trainers.
- Provides global Google MapsTM routes, extensive fitness tracking and an unlimited workout library.
- 18 workout apps including:
- Calorie workouts
- Performance workouts
- Display readouts include:
- Calories (Cal & Cal/Hr)
- Frame: Lifetime
- Parts: 1 years
- Labor: 1 year
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the ProForm Endurance 520E Elliptical depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. However, some retailers, such as Amazon.com, will provide free shipping.
There are a lot of pieces to the ProForm Endurance 520E Elliptical, but assembly isn’t difficult. Generally, it will take about two hours to complete with the step-by-step assembly manual. It’s a small, one-time time investment for the exercise experience.
What We Love About the ProForm Endurance 520E Elliptical Trainer:
We would be willing to bet that you will not be able to find another elliptical with all of the features of the Endurance 520E Elliptical under $600. ProForm really, has provided everything that you would want in an elliptical, at a great price. It is quality constructed and backed with a lifetime frame warranty, it has 18 levels of electronic resistance, up to 20 degree of automatic incline, heart rate monitoring, an adjustable stride up to 20”, and best of all, tons of workout programs. The ProForm Endurance 520E Elliptical is the complete package.
ProForm packs the Endurance 520E Elliptical with 18 pre-programmed workouts. But even better, they have made this elliptical iFit® compatible. You’ll need to purchase a wireless module and a subscription, but with the small investment, your workout options become practically limitless. iFit® is a smart fitness technology that provides quick and easy access to endless training opportunities including custom-built workouts, automatic tracking and routes powered by Google MapsTM. With Google MapsTM you can literally train anywhere in the world. The program provides you beautiful street views throughout the world and automatically adjusts the incline and decline to simulate the actual terrain. Additionally, the custom-built workouts are provided by top fitness trainers like Jillian Michaels and automatically adjust your workout intensity.
Typically at this price point, you’re going to be looking at an elliptical machine with an 18” stride. This may be an issue if you’re 6’ or taller. With shorter strides, you may have to make your movements more compact and create a more unnatural movement. This is uncomfortable and really affects the intensity that you can get out of your workout. Fortunately, you won’t need to worry about all of that with the ProForm Endurance 520E Elliptical. This elliptical has an adjustable stride up to 20” that is sure to be comfortable for most users. Additionally, the large, oversized pedals provide multiple foot positions to add to your comfort.
What Isn’t So Great:
If there’s anything that we can say the ProForm Endurance 520E Elliptical is missing, it’s the fan. There isn’t one. Although it’s a small thing, some cool air during an intense workout goes a long way. Hopefully, ProForm takes that into consideration in future versions of the Endurance 520E Elliptical.
Final Word on the ProForm Endurance 520E Elliptical:
With the features that are found on the ProForm Endurance 520E Elliptical and a price under $600, this is an unbelievable buy. You’ll be challenged to find another elliptical that competes with this one. It has everything you’ll ever need in an elliptical from stride to resistance to workout programs. You won’t be disappointed with the Endurance 520E Elliptical.