Last Updated on September 25, 2021 by Jeff
Let’s Get Started:
The ProForm Hybrid Trainer is a solid, budget-friendly cross between an elliptical machine and a recumbent bike. You are essentially getting two pieces of effective exercise equipment for the price of one. This two-fer increases your variety of exercise options and helps keep your workout interesting. As you may suspect, staying interested is vital to committing long-term to anything, especially fitness habits. Versatility is the name of the game with this trainer, but that’s just the beginning.
On top of the dual-trainer features, the ProForm Hybrid Trainer offers some nice options like 16 workout apps and heart rate monitoring. If you want to take it to the next level, you can opt for an iFit subscription. The Proform Hybrid has a lot of features that enable you to modify your workout intensity, amp up your calorie burning metabolism, and kick off the body toning. The “Watts Power Meter” is a very cool feature and we’ll get into it further as well as the other features in our elliptical review below.
- Height: 60.5 inches
- Width: 24.5 inches
- Length: 70.5 inches
- iFit Coach Ready: access to a huge collection of workouts. Connect your own tablet via Bluetooth (tablet not included).
- Two machines in one; recumbent exercise bike and elliptical
- 15″ Elliptical Stride Length
- 13lb Inertia Enhanced Flywheel for smooth stride
- Soft Grips for upper body arm workouts
- 16 workout apps designed by a certified personal trainer
- Watts Power Meter for tracking your workout power output
- iPod compatible
- EKG™ Grip Pulse for heart rate training
- SMR™ Silent Magnetic Resistance provides smooth, frictionless resistance
- Tablet holder
- Oversized, adjustable pedals for all user heights and several foot positions
- Transport wheels for fast and easy storage
- Water bottle holder to stay hydrated while working out
- No external electricity required, just a battery for monitor.
- Maximum User Weight: 350 lbs.
- Large LCD display.
- 16 training workout apps target calorie burning or performance
- Watts Power Meter indicates when you should slow down or speed up
- Workout data includes:
- Five (5) year warranty on the frame
- 90-day warranty on all parts and labor
Shipping and Assembly:
The ProForm Hybrid includes free shipping from Proform (check shipping policy here). Inside the packaging you’ll find an instruction manual with fully-illustrated pictures to demonstrate the assembly and use of the trainer. Typically assembly should take an hour, though it might take some people a little more time.
Company Info & Reputation:
The ProForm Hybrid Trainer is manufactured by ProForm. ProForm is a well-established company in the health and fitness industry. They have a reputation for delivering highly professional and budget friendly exercise equipment. Besides elliptical machines, they manufacture many other pieces of fitness equipment including rowing machines, treadmills and hybrid trainers.
What We Love About the ProForm Hybrid Trainer:
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again. Who doesn’t like to get two for the price of one? In one simple purchase, you are well on your way to building your own home gym. The Hybrid Trainer easily transitions from elliptical to recumbent. So if you’re getting a little tired from the full body elliptical, you can switch to recumbent and finish off with some cardio.
Heart Rate Monitoring
One of the best features of the ProForm Hybrid Trainer are two stationary hand grips that can be utilized provides heart rate monitoring, which is sometime not provided on most entry-level exercise equipment like this one. This allows you perform target heart zone training which is a great tool for providing an intense, calorie burning workout.
Not too much negative to report about this hybrid trainer. Some customers report that ProForm Hybrid Trainer’s stride length is kind of short. It has a 15” stride length for its elliptical motion which is plenty for most users. Overall the dual workout nature is what you are looking a when buying a hybrid, and it’s going to be compact.
A Few Tips:
- Get a mat to place under the Hybrid Trainer. This will help protect your floor. I recommend this for any home exercise equipment. A lot of people like the Supermats Heavy Duty P.V.C. Mats.
- Get two pairs of rechargeable batteries and a charger for the monitor. This way you’ll always have one set ready to go while using the other set. Batteries in the monitor will probably last for 6 months or more and aren’t an issue; it’s just cheaper to use rechargeable batteries.
Final Word on the ProForm Hybrid Trainer:
Overall, the ProForm Hybrid Trainer is an effective and versatile piece of exercise equipment. The ability to easily switch up your workout and work different muscle groups is priceless. With the ProForm Hybrid Trainer, you are well on your way to putting together your very own home gym. Highly recommended.