Last Updated on December 11, 2019 by TFM Staff
Let’s Get Started:
The SOLE Fitness E25 Elliptical is designed for and a great option for just about anyone. With a stride length of 20-22” and a maximum weight capacity of 350 lbs, there aren’t many people that SOLE Fitness is excluding. With this stride length, even the tallest users will have no problem with this elliptical accommodating their long strides. On top of that, the SOLE E25 provides oversized pedals with a 2 degree inward slope to ensure a comfortable and stress-free workout on your joints.
Some other great features on the E25 Elliptical include 20 levels of eddy current brake resistance, and 20 levels of powered incline to ensure the user can customize their workout and ensure they are getting the intensity that they want. This elliptical also provides the user with heart rate monitoring, along with the ability to use a chest strap, for more accurate readings.
Overall, the E25 is a well-built solid piece of exercise equipment. Its steel frame and heavy flywheel will ensure a stable workout platform. If there’s any doubt, SOLE Fitness backs their work with a lifetime warranty.
- Height: 58”
- Width: 27”
- Length: 71”
- Item weight: 189 lbs
- Max user weight: 350 lbs
- A heavy 34 mm steel frame designed to support a maximum weight capacity up to 350 lbs.
- Heavy 25 lb flywheel and a high gear ratio means an extremely smooth feel with plenty of resistance.
- 20 levels of eddy current brake resistance to ensure a custom tailored workout.
- Two rear wheels which ride on heavy duty rails provide a smoother, more stable feel and reduce side to side foot pedal motion.
- Custom designed oversized foot pedals with a 2 degree inward slope, which reduces ankle and knee stress.
- Oversized, articulating foot pedals because not everyone walks the same way. They also reduce the numb toe effect and sore Achilles tendons.
- 20 levels of power incline allow you to create completely different workouts that target areas of the lower body that typically aren’t hit with other machines.
- Stationary handle bars with built-in pulse sensors for monitoring your heart rate. A heart rate chest strap is also an optional ad for highly accurate wireless monitoring.
- Built-in cooling fan and water bottle holder to keep you cool and hydrated.
- Easy to use electronic console with vibrant blue back lit 6.5” LCD display.
- Built-in speakers which allow you to hook up any MP3 player (iPod, etc.) for easy listening.
- Quick start feature.
- Ten workout program options including:
- Fat Burn
- Heart Rate (2)
- Custom (2)
- Display readouts include:
- Speed (RPM and MPH)
- Work Level
- Frame: Lifetime
- Electronics & Parts: 3 years
- Labor: 1 year
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the SOLE Fitness E25 Elliptical depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. However, some retailers, such as Amazon.com, will provide free shipping.
The SOLE Fitness E25 Elliptical comes with set-by-step assembly instructions, but most users state that the assembly is time consuming and difficult. Assembly should take somewhere in the 1-2 hour range. There are a lot of bolts and plastic pieces. Some users suggest leaving the plastic pieces off for a little while so adjustments can be made more easily to the bolts as the machine settles during its initial uses.
What We Love About the SOLE E25 Elliptical:
There are many good things about the E25 Elliptical, but one of the best has got to be this machine’s stride options. At this price range, competitor models are generally equipped with and 18” to 20” stride. So, that SOLE Fitness is offering an adjustable stride at 20-22” is awesome. At this length, the elliptical will accommodate nearly everyone. Another great option is that the elliptical allows the user to move forward and backwards during their workout. SOLE Fitness also designed the stride with a slight 2 degree inward slope to give the user a more comfortable stride, taking a lot of stress off of the ankles and knees.
The E25 Elliptical comes with powered incline at 20 different levels said to get you from 0-30 degrees. This is pretty good at this price point. Typically, you’ll need to spend well over $1,000 to get 30 degrees of incline. Obviously, the powered incline is a great option, although I would expect it at this price. The powered incline allows you to adjust your workout intensity without having to pause your exercise.
Heart Rate Monitoring
The heart rate monitoring options on the SOLE Fitness E25 Elliptical are great. First, it has the expected stationary grip contact sensors that most elliptical utilize. The E25 Elliptical also has the ability to use a chest strap heart rate monitor for more accurate reading, though it is not included. If you want it included, you’ll have to chip in another $300 for the Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical. However, you can probably find a chest strap monitor for a lot cheaper than $300.
Our one minor complaint with the SOLE Fitness E25 Elliptical is the preset computer programs. There are five preset programs, in addition to two heart rate programs, your two custom programs and the ability to operate in manual. This is standard for SOLE Fitness. None of their machines provide a wide array of pre-programmed workout options. If this is something that you want on your elliptical, you should take a look at a ProForm, Schwinn or Nautilus model, all of which have good options in this price range.
Final Word on the SOLE Fitness E25 Elliptical:
The SOLE Fitness E25 Elliptical is a great option for almost everyone. It’s designed to accommodate users of all sizes. It also comes with a lot of great features that you typically need to pay a lot more for like its incline capability and heart rate monitoring options. Its biggest downfall is that the elliptical isn’t equipped with a lot of programmed workout options. Another thing to consider is that a lot of users have had difficulty with the assembly. This is something that you want to ensure is correct because it could affect the operation of the machine itself.