The SOLE Fitness E55 Elliptical has a great elliptical machine and has everything that you will ever need. The E55 Elliptical is well built and has a great warranty to ensure that you’ll have a quality home elliptical machine for a long time. It has a great design with some really nice features, such as 20 levels of electronic resistance and the ability to incline up to 20 degrees. It has a large 20” stride that is sure to accommodate just about everyone. No matter what your size is, the 10-position, adjustable foot pedals will provide a comfortable setting for anyone and the 2 degree inward slope will take pressure off of your ankles and knees.
The SOLE Fitness E55 Elliptical has a large 9” LCD display that will show you all of your exercise data. The Bluetooth technology on this machine will allow you to take that data with you in order to track your performance from workout to workout. You can transfer your data through your favorite exercise app or through the free SOLE app.
- Height: 64”
- Width: 27”
- Length: 71”
- Item weight: 214 lbs
- Max user weight: 375 lbs
- A heavy 38 mm steel frame designed to support a maximum weight capacity up to 375 lbs.
- Heavy 20 lb flywheel and a high gear ratio means an extremely smooth feel with plenty of resistance.
- 20 levels of eddy current brake resistance to ensure a custom tailored workout.
- Two rear wheels which ride on heavy duty rails provide a smoother, more stable feel and reduce side to side foot pedal motion.
- Custom designed 10-position, oversized foot pedals with a 2 degree inward slope, which reduces ankle and knee stress.
- Oversized, articulating foot pedals because not everyone walks the same way. They also reduce the numb toe effect and sore Achilles tendons.
- 20 levels of power incline allow you to create completely different workouts that target areas of the lower body that typically aren’t hit with other machines.
- Stationary handle bars with built-in pulse sensors for monitoring your heart rate. A heart rate chest strap is also included for highly accurate wireless monitoring.
- Built-in cooling fan and water bottle holder to keep you cool and hydrated.
- Easy to use electronic console with vibrant blue back lit 9” LCD display.
- Built-in speakers which allow you to hook up any MP3 player (iPod, etc.) for easy listening.
- Quick start feature.
- Ten workout program options including:
- Fat Burn
- Heart Rate (60% and 80%)
- Custom (2)
- Display readouts include:
- Frame: Lifetime
- Electronics & Parts: 5 years
- Labor: 2 year
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the SOLE Fitness E55 Elliptical depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. However, some retailers, such as Amazon.com, will provide free shipping.
The SOLE Fitness E55 Elliptical comes with set-by-step assembly instructions, but most users state that the assembly is time consuming. Assembly should take around the 2 hour range. There are a lot of bolts and plastic pieces.
What We Love About the SOLE E55 Elliptical Trainer:
The SOLE Fitness E55 Elliptical is well built and solid in construction. It has a heavy 38 mm steel frame and a large, almost 6’ footprint that will keep it grounded. It can support the weight of a 375 lb user and is backed with a lifetime frame warranty. This elliptical can take a beating. The SOLE Fitness provides some other nice design features on the E55 Elliptical like articulating and adjustable foot pedals for a comfortable, pain-free stride, power incline and 20 levels of resistance. This is an elliptical that gives you everything you’ll need for an enjoyable exercise experience.
SOLE Fitness equips the 2016 model of the E55 Elliptical with Bluetooth technology. This allows the user to transfer workout data wirelessly to track performance from workout to workout. This data can be transferred using the free SOLE app or through apps for Fitbit, Record, Mapmyrun, or Apple Health. This is a nice upgrade for the E55 Elliptical and keeps you updated on your performance.
What Isn’t So Great:
Our main complaint with most SOLE Fitness exercise equipment is the last of workout programs and it’s the same situation with the E55 Elliptical. At this price range, we would like to have more options for programmed workouts. The E55 Elliptical provides 10 basic programs and that includes two heart rate programs, 2 user defined programs and the manual setting. There are elliptical machines that cost over $1,000 cheaper that provide more workout options than the E55 Elliptical and we just don’t understand why SOLE Fitness goes this route.
Final Word on the SOLE Fitness E55 Elliptical:
If you choose to purchase the SOLE Fitness E55 Elliptical, you are going to get a great piece of exercise equipment. It has everything you’ll need for a great workout. It’s a solid, well built machine and has great components and features. The thing is, there are a lot of elliptical with these same great features and you may be able to find a better value. Check out our Nautilus, Schwinn and ProForm reviews and you might be surprised at what is out there.