Last Updated on December 2, 2022 by Jeff
- 【Smooth Stationery Bike】35lbs flywheel and heavy-duty steel frame of the exercise bike guarantee the stability while cycling. The belt driven system provides a smoother and quieter ride than chain transport. It won't disturb your apartment neighbors or sleeping kids.
- 【Personalized Fit Exercise Bike】2-ways adjustable non-slip handlebar, 4-ways padded seat (inseam height 25-35in) and a large range of resistance give users a comfortable indoor riding experience. Workout your muscles / lose weight / enhance heart /lung function. 270 lbs weight capacity.
- 【LCD Monitor and Ipad Mount】The LCD monitor on exercise bike tracks your time, speed, distance, calories burned and odometer. The gift Ipad holder allows you to enjoy exercising and music at the same time, making it easier to keep exercising.
Last update on 2023-10-03 // Source: Amazon API
Upright Exercise Bike Overview:
Gold’s Gym is a popular name in the fitness industry and their equipment is also becoming well known in the fitness world. The Cycle Trainer 290 C Upright Exercise Bike is a well designed, well equipped exercise bike at around $300. This is a price range where you’ll find a lot of purchasing options. This upright exercise bike from Gold’s stands tall against the competition and even holds one edge over them all.
This stationary bicycle has a respectable 16 levels of silent magnetic resistance and all of the typical accessories that you’ll find on other bikes like heart rate monitoring in hand sensors, a built-in sound system, a water bottle holder and transportation wheels for easy storage. The console on the Cycle Trainer 290 C Upright Exercise Bike has a total of 38 programmed workouts, which is probably the most you’ll find on any bike in this price range. More impressively, 24 of these workouts are arranged into a single 8-week long program specifically designed for the goal of losing weight. This is a concept that we have not seen on other exercise bikes and one that we can really appreciate. For a lot of users, losing weight is the main reason that they are making a purchase like this and with this program they’ll be well on their way to achieving that goal.
- Height: 55.6”
- Width: 23.9”
- Length: 32.4”
- Item weight: 79.2 lbs
- Max user weight: 275 lbs
- Effective inertia-enhanced fly wheel for a smooth and quiet cycling motion.
- 16 levels of silent magnetic resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options.
- Oversized, adjustable seat with padding.
- Ergonomic pedals with adjustable straps.
- Dual grip PowerPulse heart rate monitor in the handlebars to keep you in your target heart zone.
- Compatible music port and Intermix Acoustics 2.0 sound system with two built-in speakers.
- Two setting CoolAire workout fan with to keep you cool while exercising.
- Water bottle holder so that you can stay hydrated while working out.
- Transport wheels so that you can easily move this bike for storage.
- Blue-tinted LCD with matrix display.
- 14 personal trainer workouts
- 8 week weight-loss program with 24 progressive workouts.
- Workout data includes:
- Calories Burned
- Frame: 5 years
- Parts: 90 days
- Labor: 90 days
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the Gold’s Gym Cycle Trainer 290 C Upright Exercise Bike depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. However, some retailers, such as Amazon.com, will provide free shipping.
Like most exercise bikes, the major structural pieces of the Cycle Trainer 290 C Upright Exercise Bike come together. You’ll only need to attach a few pieces, which you need to supply your own tools for. A single person can do the assembly, though Gold’s Gym recommends two. In all, one person can do the assembly in just about an hour.
What We Love About the Gold’s Gym Cycle Trainer 290 C Upright Exercise Bike:
The console on the Gold’s Gym Cycle Trainer 290 C Upright Exercise Bike is very unique. First, it has 14 programmed workout profiles similar to what you see on other exercise bikes. These workouts are said to be designed by personal trainers and are your typical hill, interval, strength, etc. type workouts. But what the Cycle Trainer 290 C has that we haven’t seen on other exercise bikes is a full 8-week program with 24 progressive workouts designed specifically to help you lose weight. This is a great concept that no other bike that we’ve seen has provided. So, if weight-loss is the main reason you’re looking for an exercise bike, this may be a good choice for you.
What Isn’t So Great:
Heart Rate Monitoring
The one thing that is missing on the Gold’s Gym Cycle Trainer 290 C Upright Exercise Bike is the ability to track your heart rate using a chest strap. This bike only has the ability to use the sensors located on the handlebars. While it’s nice to be able to monitor your pulse, hand grips are not always the most accurate way to do it. Additionally, there are other upright exercise bikes in this price range like the Schwinn 170 and Schwinn 140 Upright Exercise Bikes that do provide this option. Check out our reviews of these bikes.
Final Word on the Gold’s Gym Cycle Trainer 290 C Stationary Exercise Bike:
Gold’s Gym has discontinued the Cycle Trainer 290 C Upright Bike, but it can still be found online for around $300. At this price, this bike is a great buy. If your ultimate goal in purchasing an exercise bike is to lose weight, then the Cycle Trainer 290 C Upright Bike is what you need. The 8-week, 24 workout program on the console is designed specifically for this reason. It’s a great concept by Gold’s Gym to design extensive exercise programs for specific goals into their computer consoles.
Currently the Gold’s Gym 20 is unavailable, but the next generation 300 Ci is available on Amazon. Click below to see the price on that model: