Last Updated on November 1, 2019 by TFM Staff
Let’s Get Started – Exercise Bike Overview:
The GX 4.4 Pro is an excellent upright stationary exercise bike from NordicTrack’s series of exercise bikes. While NordicTrack also makes a line of sport, or spin, bikes, those are designed for much higher-intensity workouts, whereas this type of stationary bike is better suited for lower-intensity training where your back is straight up (instead of leaning over). Overall, the NordicTrack GX 4.4 Pro is an excellent entry-to-mid-level upright bike that offers a wide variety of workout programming for a great workout.
The NordicTrack GX 4.4 Pro comes with 30 built-in workout apps designed by certified personal trainers, 25 digital resistance levels, front-mounted transport wheels for quick and easy storage, iFit Coach compatibility, and comfort features such as an oversized cushion seat and extra-wide ergonomic foot pedals.
The NordicTrack GX Pro 4.4 Upright Bike spares you from the steep prices that come with many stationary bikes equipped with the latest and greatest technology. While the GX 4.4 Pro bike does not come with a HD touchscreen, but instead a 5” backlit display, it does allow you to reap the full benefits of their workout programs by attaching your own tablet to their integrated tablet holder. For this reason, the value of this bike is high if you already own a tablet that is ready to connect. Without your own tablet, you can still enjoy the bike, however, you may not be able to reap the full benefits of NordicTrack’s programming.
If you attach your tablet and order an iFit Coach subscription, you can experience the full benefits of this bike with unlimited training help from certified professionals. These programs are designed for different fitness goals, from weight-loss, to calorie burning, to endurance, and more. With a 19-pound flywheel, or anchor, you can expect a smooth riding experience, however it would not be suitable for experienced trainees looking for high-intensity workouts.
- Height: 61.5”
- Width: 23”
- Length: 42”
- Item weight: Not Available
- Max user weight: 300 lbs
- Backlit 5” LCD screen with a wide viewing angle allows to you see your distance, calories burned, RPM, BPM, speed, and time throughout your workout
- An integrated tablet holder provides a secure space to attach your own personal tablet for unlimited entertainment and iFit Coach compatibility
- iFit Coach provides infinite workouts and takes you all over the world with Google Maps access, helping you towards achieving your fitness goals
- Auxiliary music port allows you to connect your device and workout to your favorite music on 2” built-in superior speakers
- AutoBreezeTM workout fans adjust to the intensity of your workout to help you keep cool and comfortable
- OneTouchTM controls let you easily and quickly change resistance levels without stopping your workout
- Wireless chest strap compatibility allows you to connect your own Bluetooth device to monitor your heart rate while you workout
- Frame: Lifetime
- Parts: 2 years
- Labor: 1 year
- NordicTrack also provides a 30-day money back guarantee
Shipping and Assembly:
- Shipping is free for the GX 4.4 Pro if purchased on the NordicTrack website (here).
- The NordicTrack GX 4.4 Pro bike can easily be assembled at home using the provided instructions.
What We Love About the NordicTrack GX 4.4 Pro Upright Exercise Bike:
With the GX 4.4 Pro, NordicTrack made certain sacrifices, such as a built-in HD touchscreen console and ultra-heavy flywheel, to be able to provide you with a quality biking experience at an nice affordable price. This makes the GX 4.4 Pro ideal for beginners who are looking for the most affordable option on the market and who are not looking for ultra high-intensity workouts. And if your budget is a couple hundred dollars more, you may be able to get a few more features like the ones on the GX 4.6 Pro.
The NordicTrack GX 4.4 Pro comes with 30 built-in, preset apps created by certified personal trainers. For the discount price, this is a good value, especially if you don’t have a tablet to attach for iFit Coach compatibility. In the 30 programs, you’ll get focused workouts based on your fitness goals, ranging from fat loss, to calorie burning and endurance. If you have a tablet and are willing to pay for an iFit Coach subscription, your options become limitless. With iFit Coach, you’ll get infinite workout programs, so you’ll never get bored. In addition, it comes with Google Maps compatibility so you can virtually bike around the world. For the price, and if you already have a tablet, the GX 4.4 Pro can be a great option.
Entertainment + Console
While the GX 4.4 Pro has some excellent workout programs available (especially if you attach a personal tablet to the bike), its LCD screen is outdated and can’t be compared to some of the luxury bikes that come with HD touch screens. If you don’t have a tablet to attach, and this is important to you, you may want to look into a higher price range for bikes that have more up-to-date entertainment consoles.
Final Word on the NordicTrack GX 4.4 Pro Upright Stationary Bike:
The NordicTrack GX 4.4 Pro offers a great value as a simple upright bike for entry-to-mid-level trainees. With a 19-pound flywheel, a small footprint, a comfortable and oversized cushion seat and pedals, and loads of built-in programs, you’ll get a smooth riding experience to help you get started towards achieving your top fitness goals. Rating: 95/100.