Last Updated on February 10, 2021 by JP
KETTLER is a well known German manufacturer that produces high quality exercise equipment at very reasonable prices. The Advantage GIRO P Upright Exercise Bike has a strong tubular steel frame with a rust resistant powder coated finish. Among the best upright exercise bikes, the GIRO P also has a no maintenance poly V belt drive that along with the 17.6 lb flywheel provides a very quiet cycling operation. KETTLER also equips the Advantage GIRO P Upright Stationary Bike with sealed bearings which also cuts down on any necessary maintenance.
The Advantage GIRO P Upright Exercise Bike has some great features including 16 levels of magnetic resistance for that perfect intensity, a fully adjustable seat to get you into cycling position, and heart rate monitoring through grip sensors, ear clip sensor or chest strap. They also provide a comfortable cycling experience for the user with a large, padded seat and low 9” Q factor to relieve stress on the knees and ankles. Overall, this is a very well designed and equipped upright exercise bike.
- Height: 57”
- Width: 21”
- Length: 37”
- Item weight: 74 lbs
- Max user weight: 285 lbs
- Powder coated, high carbon, tubular steel frame.
- Heavy 17.6 lb flywheel delivers smooth operation.
- No maintenance poly V belt driven system yields silent operation.
- Sealed ball bearings yield smooth performance that is maintenance-free.
- 16 levels of motor controlled variable magnetic resistance.
- Heart rate can be measured via the telemetric hand grip sensors, via the optional infrared ear clip sensor, or via the optional wireless Polar T-34 chest strap transmitter.
- Handlebars covered with foam rubber for a durable and secure grip.
- Adjustable multi-position handlebars for a custom fit.
- 11” wide, contoured, thick padded saddle for maximum comfort.
- Saddle height is adjustable with 10 positions as well as 3” of fore/aft adjustability.
- Weighted, self-righting pedals with foot straps.
- Q factor of 9” providing comfort and stability.
- Built-in floor levels.
- Transport casters make relocating simple.
- Informative blue backlit LCD electronic computer display.
- 8 programs with adjustable intensity.
- Graphic dot matrix hill profiles.
- Heart rate control programs automatically adjust resistance to maintain target rate.
- Quick start feature.
- Recovery feature for cardio-wellness index calculation.
- Display readouts include:
- Exertion Level
- Energy Consumption
- Parts: 2 years
- Labor: 2 years
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the KETTLER Advantage GIRO P Upright Exercise Bike depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. However, some retailers, such as Amazon.com, will provide free shipping.
The KETTLER Advantage GIRO P Upright Exercise Bike only has eight steps in its assembly manual, but it will take you a little bit of time to get through these steps. For one person to assemble this bike, it will take right around an hour. Honestly, we think the manual could be a little easier to follow.
What We Love About the KETTLER Advantage GIRO P Upright Exercise Bike:
Who can argue with German engineering? KETTLER has manufactured a quality piece of exercise equipment in the Advantage GIRO P Exercise Bike. This bike has a high carbon, tubular steel frame that is powder coated to avoid rust. KETTLER also added a quiet poly V belt drive system that requires no maintenance. It is resistant to stretching and will last for years. The Advantage GIRO P Upright Exercise Bike also has a very good cycling motion with a Q factor of only 9”. This puts your legs and joints in a natural cycling position to eliminate unnecessary stress on your knees and ankles. KETTLER has definitely taken the users best interests into mind when designing the Advantage GIRO P Upright Exercise Bike.
Not a lot of complaints here, but the computer console on the KETTLER Advantage GIRO P Upright Exercise Bike is a weak point on this bike. There are only eight workout programs, which is far less than most competitor models in this price range. For instance, the Nautilus U616 and Schwinn 170 Upright bikes each have 29 programmed workouts and the ability to connect to apps where there are even more programs. The Advantage GIRO P Upright Exercise Bike has no connectivity outside of the console and no ability to track performance metrics from workout to workout. This is definitely something that KETTLER can improve on in future versions of the Advantage GIRO P Upright Exercise Bike.
Final Word on the KETTLER Advantage GIRO P Upright Stationary Bike:
If you’re looking for a well designed, quality made piece of stationary exercise equipment, the KETTLER Advantage GIRO P Upright Exercise Bike is a great choice. KETTLER has made some good component choices including the belt drive and three different ways to monitor your heart rate. It also has some nice design features with the user in mind. The one thing that KETTLER did not put on this bike is very comprehensive computer console. So, as long as you’re alright with no bells and whistles, this is the bike for you.