Let’s Get Started:
When you see the Nautilus name, you know you are buying a quality piece of equipment from a leading fitness brand. The U614 Upright stationary bike is a strong, well-built exercise bike with a wide tubular frame and a high-speed, high-inertia drive system featuring a perimeter weighted flywheel that delivers a smooth and quiet workout. The Eddy Current Brake resistance system provides equally smooth transition between 20 different intensity levels so that you can tailor the workout to your exact liking. Reliability and unmatched quality make the Nautilus U614 Upright Bike a great value.
The Nautilus U614 Upright Bike has a DualTrack™ display featuring two high-resolution LCD monitors to track your workout statistics on two separate screens. This allows you to be able to read a magazine, book or tablet in front of you while keeping track of your workout. Plus, the U614 Upright Bike is Nautilus ConnectTM compatible so you can upload your results to the MyFitnessPal nutrition app.
- Height: 57.6”
- Width: 21.6”
- Length: 41.8”
- Item weight: 68.1 lbs
- Max user weight: 300 lbs
- High speed, high inertia drive system with perimeter weighted flywheel for easy start up and smooth, consistent workouts.
- 20 levels of eddy current brake resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options.
- Heart rate monitoring through contact sensors in the hand grips.
- Padded and contoured seat for a comfortable ride.
- Vertical seat adjustments for the perfect fit.
- Adjustable handlebars for a comfortable riding position.
- Media shelf for your tablet or magazine.
- In-console speakers with MP3 input port and USB charging.
- Adjustable 3-speed fan to keep you cool while exercising.
- Water bottle holder so that you can stay hydrated while working out.
- Transport wheels so that you can easily move this bike for storage.
- DualTrack™ two LCD window system
- USB connectivity to Nautilus ConnectTM and MyFitnessPal to download workout data
- 9 profile programs including 3 fun rides, 3 mountain rides and 3 challenges
- 8 heart rate programs with custom settings
- 2 fitness test programs to measure your physical fitness improvements
- 2 user profiles to store personal information and store workout data
- Quick start capability
- Workout data includes:
- Revolutions Per Minute
- Heart Rate
- Heart Rate Zone
- Frame: 10 years
- Parts: 2 years
- Electronics: 1 year
- Labor: 90 days
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the Nautilus U614 Upright Bike depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. However, some retailers, such as Amazon.com, will provide free shipping.
Like most Nautilus equipment, the U614 Upright Bike is easy to assemble because the main components are already assembled. You’ll still need to attach some things like the console, seat, handlebars, pedals, stabilizers and water bottle holder, but by using step-by-step instructions the process is straight forward. It should take a single person about an hour to assemble the Nautilus U614 Upright Bike.
What We Love About the Nautilus U614 Upright Bike:
This is not the same DualTrack™ console that you’ll find on the Nautilus U616 Upright Bike, but the differences are minor. This console has two screens that display your workout data, but unlike the upgraded version in not backlit. This console also has 22 programs including 9 workout profiles and 8 custom heart rate programs that work with the ergonomically placed grip sensors on the handlebars. Even though the Nautilus U614 Upright Bike’s console is slightly pared down, it still has the ability to transfer your workout data to Schwinn ConnectTM or MyFitnessPal. It’s always nice to be able to track your performance and see your improvements from workout to workout.
What Isn’t So Great:
Heart Rate Monitoring
The Nautilus U614 Upright Bike is one of those machines where it is difficult to find something to complain about. For right around $300 you’re getting everything and more than you would expect to find on an upright bike. However, we feel that if this bike had telemetry capability to measure your heart rate, it could be even better. This bike does have the ability to track your pulse through hand grip sensors, but they are not always the most accurate way. If this is something you’re interested in, you’ll need to upgrade to the Nautilus U616 Upright Bike or take a look at the Schwinn 140 Upright Exercise Bike.
Final Word on the Nautilus U614 Upright Bike:
The Nautilus U614 Upright Bike really is a great piece of exercise equipment. It’s going to be very difficult to find other bikes at this price with 20 levels of resistance, at least 20 programmed workouts and the ability to track workout statistics. In fact, there’s really only one bike that compares to the features and price and that’s the Schwinn 130 Upright Bike. These two bikes are virtually identical since they are from sister brands. Either bike would be a great choice, it just depends on if you would like the frame to say Schwinn or Nautilus.