Last Updated on March 24, 2021 by TFM Staff
Let’s Get Started:
The Nautilus U616 Upright stationary bike is a top-of-the-line model that features Bluetooth smart connectivity allowing you to sync your data with Nautilus ConnectTM, the Nautilus TrainerTM App and MyFitnessPal. Plus it comes with a DualTrackTM display with two high-resolution, blue backlit LCD monitors so you can cover the main display with your tablet or magazine and still see your results. This upright exercise bike from Nautilus also features in-console speakers with MP3 input port, USB media charging capabilities and an adjustable fan. With 29 workout programs, countless comfort upgrades and an array of customization features, the Nautilus U616 Upright Bike is designed with you in mind.
- Height: 57.6”
- Width: 21.6”
- Length: 41.8”
- Item weight: 68.6 lbs
- Max user weight: 300 lbs
- High speed, high inertia drive system with perimeter weighted flywheel for easy start up and smooth, consistent workouts.
- 25 levels of eddy current brake resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options.
- Heart rate monitoring through contact sensors in the hand grips or chest strap (not included).
- Padded and contoured seat for a comfortable ride.
- Vertical and fore/aft seat adjustments for the perfect fit.
- Angle adjustable handlebars for a comfortable riding position.
- Media shelf for your tablet or magazine.
- In-console speakers with MP3 input port and USB charging.
- Adjustable 3-speed fan to keep you cool while exercising.
- Water bottle holder so that you can stay hydrated while working out.
- Transport wheels so that you can easily move this bike for storage.
- DualTrack™ two blue backlit LCD window system
- Bluetooth and USB connectivity to Nautilus ConnectTM, Nautilus TrainerTM App and MyFitnessPal to download workout data
- 12 profile programs including 4 fun rides, 4 mountain rides and 4 challenges
- 9 heart rate programs with custom settings
- 2 fitness test programs to measure your physical fitness improvements
- 4 user profiles to store personal information and store workout data
- 1 recovery test program to measure your how quickly your heart rate recovers
- Quick start capability
- Workout data includes:
- Revolutions Per Minute
- Heart Rate
- Heart Rate Zone
- Frame: 10 years
- Parts: 2 years
- Electronics: 1 year
- Labor: 90 days
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the Nautilus U616 Upright Bike depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. However, some retailers, such as Nautilus will offer free shipping, click here to check for any offers.
The Nautilus U616 is pretty easy to assemble because the main components are already assembled. You still need to attach the console, handlebars, seat and posts, as well as the pedals and a couple of other small components. The instructions are easy to follow and walk you through these steps. In all, assembly should be around an hour.
What We Love About the Nautilus U616 Upright Stationary Bike:
The DualTrack™ console on the Nautilus U616 Elliptical is great and not too many upright bikes can compare. This console has two backlit screens that display your workout data and is easily viewable in low light. As we’ve said already it also has 29 programs including 12 workout profiles like fun rides, mountain rides and challenges. It also has heart rate profiles which will give you the best workouts by ensuring you’re exercising within your target heart rate zone when you use the stationary grips. The console does allow you to use a chest heart rate monitor, but you’ll need to purchase this separately. The best feature about the computer on this bike, however, is that it has Bluetooth connectivity to transfer your workout data through Nautilus ConnectTM, the Nautilus TrainerTM App or MyFitnessPal.
It’s hard to find something wrong with the Nautilus U616 Upright Bike, but if we’re going to nitpick, we’ll go with the overall comfort. One of the major complaints from users is the hard seat. Many have complained that the seat is uncomfortable. Fortunately, the seat post allows for easy removal and replacement if you have a seat that you do like. Another comfort issue deals with the placement of the handlebars and console. If you like to lean into the handlebars while cycling, this puts your face in very close proximity to the console, which is a little awkward. If you can deal with these comfort issues, there isn’t much else to complain about with the U616 Upright Bike.
Final Word on the Nautilus U616 Exercise Bike:
The Nautilus U616 has everything you’ll need for a great workout. For between $400-500, you’re getting a name brand manufactured stationary exercise bike loaded with great features including a console loaded with 29 workout programs, connectivity to fitness apps and telemetry compatibility. There are other bikes that compete with Nautilus in this price range so make sure you take a look at our reviews of the Schwinn 170, the Schwinn 140 and the Gold’s Gym Cycle Trainer 290 C.