Schwinn 130 Upright Bike Overview:
There aren’t as many recognizable names in the cycling world as Schwinn. Schwinn has taken 100 plus years of knowledge in the cycling industry and is now applying it to the fitness world in their upright bikes. The Schwinn 130 upright stationary bike has a strong tubular frame and a high-speed, high-inertia flywheel that provides that smooth outdoor cycling experience. This top upright stationary bike also has a large contoured and padded seat along with adjustable handlebars to make sure you can get into a comfortable cycling position.
On top of a great cycling experience, Schwinn also packs the 130 Upright Bike with some really nice features. They provide a media shelf for your tablet or magazines and an MP3 input port so that you can stay connected to the outside world while exercising. The best feature that Schwinn provides is the DualTrack™ console that is loaded with 22 exercise programs, including 8 heart rate programs so that you can train in your target heart zone to burn fat or work on your cardio. The Schwinn 130 Upright Bike is the complete package and sure to provide you enjoyable workouts for a long time.
- Height: 55.6”
- Width: 21.4”
- Length: 41.3”
- Item weight: 58.4 lbs
- Max user weight: 300 lbs
- Sturdy frame and a high-speed, high-inertia perimeter weighted flywheel provides a stable workout platform.
- 20 levels of eddy current brake resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options.
- Large padded contoured seat for ideal comfort.
- Adjustable handlebars for a comfortable riding position.
- Ergonomically placed grip heart rate sensors for a relaxed riding position when using a heart rate program.
- 1-piece pedal cranks with standard pedals and toe straps.
- Media shelf for your tablet or magazine.
- In-console speakers with MP3 input port and USB charging.
- Adjustable 3-speed fan to keep you cool while exercising.
- Water bottle holder so that you can stay hydrated while working out.
- Transport wheels so that you can easily move this bike for storage.
- DualTrack™ two LCD window system
- USB connectivity to Schwinn ConnectTM and MyFitnessPal to download workout data
- 9 profile programs including 3 fun rides, 3 mountain rides and 3 challenges.
- 8 heart rate programs with custom settings
- 2 fitness test programs to measure your physical fitness improvements
- 2 user profiles to store personal information and store workout data
- Quick start capability
- Workout data includes:
- Revolutions Per Minute
- Heart Rate
- Heart Rate Zone
- Frame: 10 years
- Mechanical: 2 years
- Electronics: 1 year
- Labor: 90 days
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the Schwinn 130 Upright Bike depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. However, some retailers, such as Amazon.com, will provide free shipping.
The Schwinn 130 Upright Bike comes with a fully illustrated assembly manual and most of the major components already together. You’ll really only need to attach a few pieces like the console, seat, handlebars, posts, stabilizers and pedals. While it may not seem like a lot, you will need to take your time and follow the instructions. The process should take one person right around an hour to complete.
What We Love About the Schwinn 130 Upright Bike:
The DualTrack™ console on the Schwinn 130 Upright Bike is a great computer, slightly pared down from the Schwinn 170 Upright Bike model. This console has two screens that display your workout data, but unlike the upgraded version in not backlit. This console has 22 programs including 9 workout profiles like fun rides, mountain rides and challenges that will give you intense workouts. It also has 8 custom heart rate programs that work with the ergonomically placed grip sensors on the handlebars that put you in a relaxed riding position. Another great feature is that you can transfer your workout data to Schwinn ConnectTM or MyFitnessPal. It’s always nice to be able to track your performance and see your improvements from workout to workout.
What Isn’t So Great:
Heart Rate Monitoring
It’s hard to find something to complain about with the Schwinn 130 Upright Bike. At this price, you are getting an exercise bike with great features. One feature we wish the Schwinn 130 Upright Bike had was telemetry enabled heart rate monitoring. As it is, you can only track your pulse through the sensors on the handlebars. If you want to be able to use a chest strap heart rate monitor, there are options in this price range like the Schwinn 140 Upright Bike and Schwinn 170 Upright Bike, which we have also reviewed.
Final Word on the Schwinn 130 Upright Bike:
For around $300, the Schwinn 130 Upright Bike is a good buy. You get a quality exercise bike with great components and a really nice computer console. That being said, before you make this purchase, we’d recommend you take a look at our Schwinn 170 Upright Bike review. For around $50 more, you’ll get a very similar bike with some really good upgrades such as an even better computer console, more resistance options, a fully adjustable seat, telemetry heart rate monitoring, and stronger cranks and pedals. Whatever way you decide to go, you’ll be getting your money’s worth.
Video overview of the Schwinn 130 Upright Exercise Bike: