Let’s Get Started:
Widely considered to sit among the best home gyms, the Body-Solid EXM1500S is centered on a 160 lb weight stack. The plates are adjustable in 10 lb increments adjusted by simply inserting a pin. It comes with a firm, oversize adjustable seat pad and multi-grip press arm that will work the chest and shoulders.
The leg extension has a comfortable foam roller that allows you to a good burning workout. The ab strap ensures your crunches will get you the washboard that you’ve always dreamed about. You can use the lat bar to develop strong shoulders and back or the multi-purpose low pulley for seated rows, bicep curls, wrist curls, shrugs and many, many more exercises.
You’ll be able to do your entire workout on the EXM1500S Home Gym and the Body-Solid lifetime warranty guarantees you’ll never need another piece of exercise equipment, ever.
- Length: 49”
- Width: 36”
- Height: 83”
- 160 lb advanced alloy weight stack plates are machine drilled to exact specifications and employ nylon bushings for super smooth and quiet operation.
- Chest press station is biomechanically designed for maximum chest concentration and outstanding muscle development.
- Lat pulldown/high pulley station performs lat pull downs, triceps press down, cable crossovers and many more high pulley exercises.
- Ab crunch/mid pulley station is biomechanically engineered for smooth, comfortable, full range of motion crunching movement.
- Leg extension/leg curl station has biomechanically accurate picot points to ensure ergonomically correct body positioning for natural and complete hamstring and leg development.
- Seated row/low pulley station is essential for well developed backs. It builds depth in the middle of the back and trains hard to reach lower lats.
- Frame & Welds: Lifetime
- Pulleys, Bushings, Bearings, Hardware, Plates, Guide Rods: Lifetime
- Cables, Upholstery, Grips (Normal Wear): Lifetime
- Warranty applies to the original owner only.
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the Body-Solid EXM1500S Home Gym depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. However, some retailers, such as Amazon.com, might provide free shipping.
The time commitment for assembling the Body-Solid EXM1500S Home Gym is reasonable. You’ll only need basic tools like a few wrenches and maybe a mallet. Reports are that the instructions can get a little difficult to follow but we’ve seen worse. The entire process should take 4-6 hours, depending on your patience level and ability to follow directions.
What We Love About the Body-Solid EXM1500S:
Multiple Workout Stations
In this price range, you’d probably expect to get a basic set up on a best home gym. Body-Solid delivers a superior design with the EXM1500S Home Gym. The set up on the EXM1500S Home Gym is very similar to much more expensive gyms. This home gym has high, mid and low pulleys to perform tons of exercises. It has a leg extension/curl attachment. The EXM1500S also has a chest press station. All of these exercises are performed in the same general workout station. The EXM1500S Home Gym also has another station where you can perform rows and bicep curls from a low pulley. There isn’t much of anything missing on this home gym.
The Body-Solid EXM1500S Home Gym is one of the cheapest gyms that you’ll find with a true lifetime warranty. While it’s one thing to say that a piece of exercise equipment will last a lifetime, it’s another thing to guarantee it. There isn’t any small print with this warranty either. Everything is covered under the Body-Solid lifetime warranty: the frame, the pulleys, the cables, everything. After the Body-Solid EXM1500S Home Gym, you’ll definitely never need another piece of exercise equipment…ever.
The Body-Solid EXM1500S Home Gym is a great piece of equipment that offers more exercises than you can ever want. That said, the one problem with it is that it only has a 160 lb weight stack and the stack cannot be upgraded. For most people that might not be an issue, but as you start getting into shape you may find that you will start maxing out the weight stack. If you don’t think that is a concern for you, then make the purchase. If it is a concern and you want to stay in this price range, you may have to look at resistance rod gyms like Bowflex to upgrade your weight capacity.
Final Word on the Body-Solid EXM1500S Home Gym:
It’s easy to see why the Body-Solid EXM1500S is a best buy choice. For the money, you’re getting a lot of machine and a lot of exercise options. You’re also getting a home gym with an excellent lifetime warranty. Recommended.