The Body-Solid G1S Selectorized Home Gym packs a lot of power, strength and durability into the smallest footprint available. Centered on a 160 lb selectorized weight stack, this gym allows over 40 toning, trimming and strength training exercises. From the multi-grip press arm to the contoured, adjustable seat pad, the G1S Home Gym gives you a ton of features for your money and definitely stacks up to the best home gyms on the market.
This Body-Solid home gym uses the highest manufacturing standards and the finest quality pulleys, cables and upholstery. Plus, the G1S Home Gym is backed with a lifetime warranty. It’s fair to say you may never need another piece of exercise equipment or gym membership… unless you decide to become Arnold Schwartzenegger. But that’s a different story.
- Length: 49”
- Width: 36”
- Height: 83”
- 160 lb advanced alloy weight stack plates are machine drilled to exact specifications and employ nylon bushings for super smooth and quiet operation.
- Chest press station is biomechanically designed for maximum chest concentration and outstanding muscle development.
- Lat pulldown/high pulley station performs lat pull downs, triceps press down, cable crossovers and many more high pulley exercises.
- Ab crunch/mid pulley station is biomechanically engineered for smooth, comfortable, full range of motion crunching movement.
- Leg extension/leg curl station has biomechanically accurate picot points to ensure ergonomically correct body positioning for natural and complete hamstring and leg development.
- Seated row/low pulley station – essential for well developed backs. It builds depth in the middle of the back and trains hard to reach lower lats.
- Frame & Welds: Lifetime
- Pulleys, Bushings, Bearings, Hardware, Plates, Guide Rods: Lifetime
- Cables, Upholstery, Grips (Normal Wear): Lifetime
- Warranty applies to the original owner only.
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the Body-Solid G1S Home Gym depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. However, some retailers, such as Amazon.com, will provide free shipping.
Assembling the Body-Solid G1S Home Gym is going to take a good time investment. You’ll only need basic tools like a few wrenches and maybe a mallet. The instructions are decent, but can get a little difficult to follow. Take your time and make sure you have all of your nuts and bolts organized before you get started. The entire process should take around six hours, maybe a little longer if following directions isn’t your thing.
What We Love About the Body-Solid G1S Selectorized Home Gym:
Multiple Workout Stations
The G1S Home Gym claims to have five workouts stations. That’s a little misleading in our opinion because the majority of the “stations” are from the seated position. We’d consider this machine to have two distinctly different workout stations.
In the main station your can perform numerous chest exercises including presses and flys, you can perform leg extensions and curls, lat pulldowns, and ab crunches. The other low pulley station allows you to do numerous exercises including a seated row or bicep curls. These workstations are excellent at targeting different muscle groups and taking the guess work out of exercising.
In this price range, the warranties on home gym start to get less impressive. However, the G1S Home Gym does not fit that mold. Body-Solid still provides an excellent lifetime warranty on this gym. It’s not a limited lifetime warranty either. This warranty covers the frame and all of its parts.
A drawback of the Body-Solid G1S Home Gym is that it only has a 160 lb weight stack. For some people doing exercises like the chest press, 160 lbs can easily be maxed out. Also, the weight stack on the G1S Home Gym can’t be upgraded. Even the weight stack on the lower-priced Body-Solid PX2 Home Gym can be upgraded up to 210 lbs. We’re not completely sure why Body-Solid did not provide a weight upgrade for this home gym. That said, 160lbs can provide a lot of workout resistance for most people.
Final Word on the Body-Solid G1S Home Gym:
The Body-Solid G1S is a really good choice for anyone looking for their own high-quality home gym. Body-Solid has put together another well built piece of equipment and backed it with a lifetime warranty. The G1S Home Gym is well designed to target specific muscle groups with different workout stations and is a solid buy.