Last Updated on November 30, 2020 by Jeff
Let’s Get Started:
The BodyCraft Galena Pro Strength Training System Home Gym is built to fit into any corner of a room, requiring much less space than traditional designs. Featuring a chest press, dual-functioning pec dec, leg extension, leg curl, lat pull, low pulley station, abdominal crunch and an optional leg press, every major muscle group can be strengthened in a minimal amount of time. The Galena Pro Home Gym is equipped with a 200 lb weight stack that can be adjusted in 10 lb increments.
BodyCraft has built a strong, complete home gym in the Galena Pro. It is constructed with 2”x3” and 2”x2” heavy gauge steel tubing and finished with a multi-stage electrostatic powder coat paint. It utilizes 3.5” diameter, fiberglass reinforced nylon pulleys that rotate on sealed ball bearing hubs. The cables are internally lubricated and rated to 2,000 lb tensile strength. All of this is backed with lifetime frame and parts warranties through BodyCraft.
- Length: 72”
- Width: 58”
- Height: 82”
- Rugged and built to last a lifetime.
- Dual-function pec dec made to provide traditional flys and dumbbell style flys. Traditional flys are performed by pressing elbows against the pads. Dumbbell style flys are performed by simply grabbing the handles and swinging outward to chest height and then pressing forward and together.
- Range of motion adjustments fit every size user and also provide for rear deltoid flys.
- Low pulley station is easy to access and has plenty of room for exercises such as leg kicks, arm curls, low rows, deltoid raises and more.
- Press/pull station with adjustable starting point allows for different size users and also provides a variety of exercises including bench press, incline press, shoulder press and mid row. Seat and back are adjustable.
- Optional leg press attachment has a foot plate that can be adjusted to fit any size user. This provides up to 300 lbs of resistance.
- Frame: Lifetime
- Parts: Lifetime
- Warranty applies to defects in materials and workmanship for the original owner only. Does not apply to normal wear and tear.
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the BodyCraft Galena Pro Home Gym depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. However, some retailers, such as Amazon.com, may provide free shipping.
Surprisingly the BodyCraft Galena Pro Home Gym doesn’t take as much time as some of the other high end home gyms. The instructions are good and the equipment is packaged well. A single person should be able to complete assembly in less than four hours.
What We Love About the BodyCraft Galena Home Gym:
We really like the three distinctly different exercise stations on the BodyCraft Galena Pro Strength Training System. The three stations allow you to perform seated flys, a low row or upright cable curl, and presses, pull-downs and leg extensions. You can perform all of these exercises on most home gyms. But the individual stations are nice because they’re specifically designed for these exercises. That means you can do the exercise with minimal knowledge of specific technique.
A limit of the BodyCraft Galena Pro Home Gym is that it only has a 200 weight stack and there is no ability to add additional weight. If you add the optional leg press attachment the pulley and cable system will bump up the stack resistance to 300 lbs, but it’s only for the leg press. While 200 lbs is a good amount of weight for most exercises and most people, for more advanced user it may not be enough.
Lower Body Workouts
Like some other BodyCraft home gyms, another drawback of the Galena Pro Home Gym is that there aren’t a whole lot of lower body workout options. You can do some basic curls and extensions. But if you want to get more lower body workouts, you’ll need to spend another $400 for the leg press upgrade or look at other home gyms. One option that you might want to take a look at is the Body-Solid EXM3000LPS Double Stack Home Gym. Check out our review of this machine.
Final Word on the BodyCraft Galena Pro Home Gym:
BodyCraft home gyms are well built and designed well. The Galena Pro is a great example of this. The large steel tube gym is backed with a lifetime warranty. We love the design that provides three separate workout stations. We just wish there was the ability to add more weight to the 200 lb stack. If this is a concern of yours as well, you might want to check out our reviews of the BodyCraft XPress Pro our Body-Solid Free-Weight Leverage Commercial home gyms. Rating: 96/100