Do the following and watch yourself excel better than you have before in the past.
2019 is your year to shine. If you’ve struggled in the past to make fitness and good health a priority, it’s never too late to get started in creating the life that you’ve always wanted to live. In fact, it’s easier now than ever before thanks to advanced technology, state-of-the-art gyms and fitness equipment, and a wide array of healthy foods that are both accessible and nutritious.
Every day, you wake up to the possibility of a new life. You can make the changes whenever you want. You don’t need to wait until the new year to start implementing change into your daily schedule. In fact, the sooner you get started on working toward your goals, the better able you are to make your new habits stick.
Here is how to make fitness and good health a priority in 2019:
- Set up a system that includes regular reminders. As crazy as it seems, scheduling in time to work out is a great way to ensure that you’ll have time to go to the gym. Giving exercise its own spot on your calendar makes it a priority much like meetings and appointments. Sync your calendar to your phone and set up alerts reminding you that it’s time for your workout, exercise class or dance session with a friend. Make sure the volume on your phone is turned up so you’re able to hear the alerts as they go off. The reminders can help you stay on top of taking supplements, drinking water, and counting steps walked, too.
- Focus on the easiest things to achieve first. Make it a point to break down your hardest goals into smaller, easier tasks. That way, you’re able to build momentum as you cross each one off your To Do List. The more you’re able to accomplish in a day, the closer you get to reaching your ultimate goal of better health and fitness. Instead of feeling overwhelmed by the big stuff, let the little stuff serve as a roadmap that guides you to success. Before you know it, you’ll have increased muscle mass or lower fat levels, whichever is a priority for you.
- Keep reminders of your reason why front and center. Knowing your reason why is an important way to stay on top of your goals. It’s a motivator when other things fail. When you have a very clear picture of the way you want to feel, you’re able to make decisions that align with your purpose. You don’t do things to sabotage your progress. In fact, it’s the complete opposite. The choices that you make are in alignment with your purpose. If you want to be healthy and fit, you avoid activities that make you feel the opposite of those things.
- Take up a hobby that involves physical activity. When you decide to make fitness and good health a priority, your life reflects your choices. That’s where choosing a hobby that gets you up and moving comes in. You can learn to surf, take up ballroom dancing, take up golf or even play extreme frisbee with your children or dog. Whatever you do, get your heart pumping and body in motion. You’ll find that you actually crave the activity you’ve started engaging in often. You can also include your family and friends in the fun. That way, you’re being social, too, whenever you’re engaging in your hobby.
- Find online workout routines to do when you can’t get to the gym. Use the internet to your advantage. You’ll find plenty of places for workout routines. Choose a few that you keep on standby for the times you can’t make it to the gym. Exercise at home before or after work. You can even stream workouts while you’re away on vacation or a business trip. Some good places to find them include the Daily Burn, YouTube, and Amazon. You can also borrow workout DVDs from the library or start your own collection rather inexpensively.
- Make the stakes higher. There are many websites and apps that allow you to bet on your fitness goals. If you don’t hold up your end of the bargain, you lose money or have to pay into a charity whose cause you don’t support. If you do what you’ve set out to do, you’re rewarded handsomely with a paycheck or donation to the charity of your choice. It’s a great way to get you thinking differently about your fitness routine. You can also give yourself rewards for each milestone that you achieve. Make sure they’re things that contribute to your health and fitness, not take away from it.
- Develop a DIY mentality. Instead of having someone else mow your lawn, shovel your sidewalk or wash your car, do it yourself. You’ll benefit from an increase in activity and you’ll get really good at doing something new. Not only will you burn calories, but you’ll also save tons of money. So, before you’re quick to outsource the work, think about how it will benefit you by giving you another workout. You’ll accomplish more and have better health to show for it.
You likely have your own ideas to add to the list. Use the suggestions listed here as a starting point that helps propel you into the best and healthiest year of your life. You’re capable of achieving anything you set your mind to which is all the more reason to get very clear about what you’re hoping to do this year.
Choose to Live the Healthy Life That You Want to Live
Make fitness and good health a priority in 2019. The power is in your hands. Now that you know what you need to do to make this year your most successful year yet, you can take small, deliberate actions that are in alignment with your goals. You’ll do far more than you dreamed you could do physically which boosts your self-confidence and improves other areas of your life, too.