Last Updated on February 12, 2021 by JP
Let’s Get Started:
*Note: as this cycle is discontinued, we recommend checking out the NordicTrack S15i Studio Cycle. Click here for our full review.
The NordicTrack Grand Tour bike is the original in the Grand Tour series, of which there is also a newer version called the Grand Tour Pro. The Grand Tour is able to provide an excellent, realistic biking experience indoors, due in part to the adjustable incline ranging from 0 to 10 degrees, which many indoor exercise bikes do not have. The incline can be adjusted mid-workout, without removing your hands from the handlebars, helping you achieve an engaging and effective workout with plenty of variety.
The Grand Tour bike comes with a built-in adjustable tablet holder and an entertainment-packed 7” web-enabled touch screen, allowing you to surf the web, watch YouTube videos, read e-mails, and more, throughout your workout. The console is also iFit compatible, giving you access to an infinite number of workouts at the tip of your fingers, with an annual subscription. Last but certainly not least, the console allows you to train with Google Maps, guiding you along to picturesque landscape views of local terrain in your location of choice.
Another great feature of the NordicTrack Grand Tour bike is that it comes with two, 3lb dumbbell weights, located below the console, so you can get an upper body workout in while you’re biking. With the newer Grand Tour Pro bike out on the market, the original Grand Tour bike is now priced more affordably, making it a great value for those looking for a bike that is a bit more impressive with a wide range of capabilities and adjustable settings.
What We Love About the NordicTrack Grand Tour Bike (NTEX71015):
0-10° Power Adjustable Incline/Decline
One special feature of the NordicTrack Grand Tour bike is that it allows you to increase or decrease the intensity of your workout with the built-in adjustable incline and decline. This is an important feature, since incline is a critical factor in simulating natural, outdoor terrain, and many indoor bike models do not have it. The controls for the incline are right on the handlebars, so you don’t even have to move your hands to adjust the settings. Additionally, the 16lb flywheel anchors the bike to the ground to help you experience a smoother ride. Although this wouldn’t be the heaviest flywheel
around, it will still do the job in keeping the bike secure to the ground during an intense workout session. The incline will also greatly enhance your experience using Google Maps, since the computer will be able to more closely replicate the conditions of the local terrain using the combination of incline and resistance.
If you’ve ever taken a spin or cycling class, then you might be familiar with the popular phenomenon that is integrating upper body resistance at some point during the workout. A unique feature of the Brand Tour bike is that is comes with two free 3lb hand weights, so that you can also get an arm work out in while you’re cycling. While it’s not a lot of weight, performing a high number of repetitions can help you increase upper body strength as well as burn even more calories during your workout. This is a great way to add dimensionality to your workout and keep things from getting too monotonous.
Less “Tough” Than The Grand Tour Pro
It’s not easy to pinpoint a weakness when it comes to the Grand Tour bike, given its reasonable price and longstanding popular reputation. However, if you love the Grand Tour but are looking for a bike with a larger console (10” vs. 7”), several more resistance levels (26 vs. 24), heavier dumbbell weights (5lb vs. 3lb), slightly more built-in workouts (35 vs. 32), and a slightly heavier user weight capacity (375lbs vs. 350 lbs), and you have a higher budget, you may want to look into the latest model, the Grand Tour Pro.
The Brass Tacks (Technical Info):
- Height: 62.0”
- Width: 23.5”
- Length: 62.0”
- Max user weight: 350 lbs
Computer Features (the brains of the operation):
- Integrated tablet holder secures your personal tablet device with a sturdy bracket, allowing you to watch your favorite media while you work out
- 7” web-enabled, full-color touchscreen delivers an impressive entertainment package, as well as the ability to surf the web as you normally would, read the news, or e-mail, or watch your favorite videos
- 32 built-in workouts designed by certified personal trainers
- Calorie burning, incline, speed, heart rate, and intensity workouts
- 0-10° power adjustable incline and decline give you the ability to change the intensity of your workout with the touch of a button on the handlebars
- Immersive fitness with iFit Coach brings you infinite workouts and keeps track of your nutrition, sleep, exercise, and daily activity
- Custom, immersive rides using Google Maps gives you a realistic experience as the incline and resistance automatically adjusts to mimic the local terrain
- Dual 2-inch built-in speaker system allows you to plug in your own iPod device and workout to your favorite music
- CoolAireTM integrated console fan keeps you cool and refreshed during your ride
- Frame: Lifetime
- Parts: 3 years
- Labor: 1 year
- NordicTrack also provides a 30-day money back guarantee
Shipping and Assembly:
- Shipping is free for the NordicTrack Grand Tour bike if purchased on NordicTrack.com (here).
- The Grand Tour indoor bike can easily be assembled at home using the provided instructions.
Final Word on the NordicTrack Grand Tour Bike:
The Grand Tour bike from NordicTrack is an excellent indoor bike with unique features that separate it from other indoor bikes. If you’re in the market for a reliable and entertainment-packed bike, and at that, looking for one that has nearly everything at a good value, the Grand Tour bike may be the model for you. Rating: 95/100.