Last Updated on March 3, 2018 by Jeff
Spinner eSpinner Overview:
The eSpinner by Star Trac and Mad Dogg Athletics is a commercial grade Spin Bike that’s perfect for anyone looking for motivation, entertainment and versatility in a piece of exercise equipment. This is the only indoor cycle that delivers one million customizable rides at your fingertips. Whether you want to be led by Spinning® Master Instructor Josh Taylor, plug in your iPod® to ride to your own workout playlist or simply watch your favorite videos on the high-resolution 15” touch screen, the eSpinner Spinning Bike gives you the flexibility and versatility to make every ride a unique, rewarding experience.
The versatility of the eSpinner Spin bike doesn’t stop with its computer. This cycle fits nearly everyone with a hug range from 4’10” to 6’10”. It has dual sided platform pedals that allow use of clip-in cycling shoes. The eSpinner also comes with adjustability in the seat post and a micro-adjustable fore and aft design.
- Height: 57”
- Width: 20”
- Length: 60”
- Item weight: 140 lbs
- Max user weight: 350 lbs
- Oval-shaped steel tubing frame delivers a sleek distinctive look.
- Aluminum, corrosion resistant seat post allows easy adjustment to fit any size rider.
- Superior biometrics with a 158 mm Q-factor.
- Micro-adjustable fore and aft design with intuitive, easy-to-remember numerical marking
provides maximum adjustability for all riders.
- Flexible seat base with dual-density padding and anatomical cutout ensures comfort
throughout any workout.
- No-slip grip design and dual water bottle holders offer the ultimate in functionality and
- Non-marking rubber transport wheels make moving and storing the eSpinner quick and
- Designed specifically for the eSpinner program, the SPD®-compatible, dual-sided platform
pedals provide comfort and stability for the casual rider and clip-in capability for use with cycling shoes.
- Increased size and strength in the bearings, cranks and axle provides dependable
performance for every ride.
- Smooth 38 lb perimeter weighted flywheel with Smart ReleaseTM system gives riders a
unique fixed gear feeling with an added level of safety, unique to Spinner® bikes.
- Integrated personal fan creates comfort airflow.
- Spare parts kit included (brake pads, toe cage straps).
- Accommodates riders 4’10” to 6’10”.
- High-resolution 15” touch screen computer with digital TV tuner.
- Onboard customized Spinning video classes. Proprietary randomization program creates
nearly one million possible ride variations.
- Motivational rider dashboard coaches and drives optimal performance with rider data
including cadence and heart rate.
- Integrated iPod connectivity with music and video.
- USB charging station allows users to display personal content while charging media devices.
- Frame welds, rust and corrosion: 10 yrs
- Parts and internal electronics components: 2 yrs
- Wear items (seat, chain, pop-pin and rubber feet): 1 yr
- USB port, headphone jack and iPod® connector: 90 days
Shipping and Assembly:
- Shipping costs will vary for the eSpinner depending on where you purchase from and what
type of delivery you prefer. However, some retailers, such as Amazon.com, will provide free shipping.
- No users commented on any difficulty of assembling the eSpinner. While this machine is top of the line and comes disassembled, the process is straight forward. The cycle comes with detailed assembly instructions that are easy to follow.
What We Love About the eSpinner:
You won’t likely find another cycle, or maybe any other piece of exercise equipment, with this many workout options. There is no exaggeration by saying the eSpinner provides nearly one million possible rides thanks to its randomization program. These rides also provide a dashboard coach that speaks to you similar to being in an actual Spinning class.
Quality & Reliability
This cycle has quality in every component. The steel frame is not only attractive, but it’s as solid as they come. The size and strength of the cranks, bearings and axle make this a very dependable cycle. It has a corrosion resistant seat post and dual-density seat padding. Even the transport wheels are rubber to ensure easy, damage-free movement. The eSpinner warranty backs up its craftsmanship with an excellent warranty that includes 10 yrs on the frame, 2 yrs on the electronic components and 1 yr on the wear items.
The eSpinner Spinning Bike retails close to $5,000, but can be found online around $4,000. This is a big price for a piece of exercise equipment. Granted, you are getting an amazingly well-constructed, quality machine loaded with tons of extras. For a consumer who might not need all of the comfort features and pre-loaded workouts, a competitor model with equal quality at a lower cost is an option.
Final Word on the Spinning eSpinner:
If you have the money to spend on the eSpinner from Mad Dogg Athletics / Star Trac, you won’t be dissatisfied. Its strength, quality components and unbelievable amount of exercise options provide a very enjoyable exercise experience. You’ll want to be on this machine all day, every day.
Check out this video from Spinning about the eSpinner Spin Bike: