Last Updated on March 3, 2018 by Assistant Editor
If you’re looking for a club quality indoor cycling bike, the Spinner NXT is a work horse that’s worth a serious look. Sitting among the best spin bikes on the market, the NXT is probably featured in more clubs than any other in the world.
This premium indoor cycling bike combines user-friendly features with a high degree of adjustability and comfort. To maintain uncompromising quality ride after ride, the Spinner NXT Spin Bike features rust-defying two-stage powder coating and rock solid construction for lasting performance as well as an increased 5° handlebar angle for a more comfortable riding position and an improved Q-factor for the most authentic ride.
This cycle fits nearly everyone with a hug range from 4’10” to 6’10”. It has dual sided platform pedals that allow use of clip-in cycling shoes. The Spinner NXT Spin Bike also comes with adjustability in the seat post and a micro-adjustable fore and aft design.
- Height: 57”
- Width: 20”
- Length: 60”
- Item weight: 140 lbs
- Sleek steel frame design with zinc dip coating for superior rust protection.
- Handlebars and seat settings provide vertical and fore/aft user adjustment for optimal bike fit.
- Dual oversized easy access water bottle holders integrated into the Spin Bike’s handlebars.
- Patent-pending taper fit bottom bracket and pedal system for increased strength and reliability.
- Superior biometrics with a Q-factor of 158 mm.
- 41 lb perimeter-weighted flywheel for a smooth and realistic riding experience.
- Powerful chain drive system delivers an authentic road riding feel.
- Custom dual-sided SPD®-compatible pedals feature a large body while accommodating both SPD®
and toe clip.
- Smooth control resistance knob with direct pressure emergency stop.
- Front mounted wheels for easy transport and movement.
- Non-rusting urethane/over-molded leveling feet for easy leveling.
- High impact urethane rear stretch guard and step guards to prevent damage to frame from cleated
- Bonus four Spinning® DVDs included (Ultimate Energy, Train and Tone, Turn and Burn, Maximum
- Spare parts kit included (brake pads, toe cage straps).
- Accommodates riders 4’10” to 6’10”.
- Max user weight: 350 lbs
- Frame welds, rust and corrosion: 10 yrs
- Parts and internal electronics components: 2 yrs
- Wear items (seat, chain, pop-pin and rubber feet): 1 yr
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the Spinner NXT Spinning bike depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. However, some retailers, such as Amazon.com, will provide free shipping.
Users comment that assembling the Spinner NXT is quite simple. Some parts of the cycle are already assembled, like the flywheel, and it comes with all of the tools necessary to complete the set up. At 140 lbs, the Spinner NXT is kind of heavy so moving some of the parts around might get tricky. That being said, the overall process is straight forward.
Quality & Durability
When it comes to quality and durability for an indoor cycle, it’s hard to beat the Spinner NXT. This is the bike that most clubs use because they know it can take a beating all day long from all shapes and sizes. From its zinc coated steel frame and 41 lb flywheel to the taper fit bottom bracket and pedal system, this machine is solid. Nearly every component is rust-proofed to ensure operational effectiveness throughout time. The Spinner® NXT also comes with a superior warranty including 10 yrs on the frame, 2 yrs on the electronic components and 1 yr on the wear items.
The Spinner NXT is designed for almost everyone. Its design accommodates everyone from 4’10” to 6’10”. The seat is fully adjustable both vertically and horizontally for the perfect riding position. The Spinner® NXT also has a narrow Q-factor of 158 mm which creates a very comfortable pedal stroke to minimize hip, leg and ankle pain. This cycle is designed with comfort in mind for all users.
The Spinner NXT retails at around $1,745, but can be found a few hundred dollars cheaper online. This is definitely an investment that you want to make sure you do your homework on. On one side, you’re absolutely getting a club quality cycle that can take a beating and is going to last a long time. Its adjustability is nice, but you’re not getting those extra features that can make a really enjoyable exercise experience, like a computer and workout programs.
Final Word on the Spinner NXT:
There’s a reason the Spinner NXT is so often found in fitness clubs; it’s a solid, well-built piece of exercise equipment that can take a beating.