Last Updated on February 12, 2021 by JP
Let’s Get Started – Recumbent Bike Overview:
The Commercial VR21 is the lowest-priced model in the recumbent bike series by NordicTrack. Recumbent bikes are characterized by back-supporting, comfortable design, wherein the pedals are out in front, and the seat is a bit larger to provide back support in a relaxed position. With the NordicTrack VR21, you’ll get 32 built-in workout apps, 25 digital resistance levels, 23-pound effective flywheel, iFit Coach compatibility, an integrated tablet holder, and more. For the affordable price, the VR21 can be a great option for comfortable workouts that are easy on the joins, geared towards calorie burn, cardiovascular training, or lower body toning, and may also be ideal for those undergoing physical therapy.
The NordicTrack VR21 recumbent bike is designed to minimize unnecessary joint and back stress while exercising, while still allowing you to get in a good workout. The console itself, while not a premium feature for this bike, still packs a punch with its 32 built-in workouts designed by certified personal trainers. If the apps don’t do it for you, you also have the option of attaching your personal tablet to enjoy your content of choice while working out. Additionally, if you have a subscription to iFit Coach, you’ll have access to virtually limitless workout programs to help keep you on track towards achieving your fitness goals.
- Height: 54.6”
- Width: 24.2”
- Length: 61.1”
- Max user weight: 350 lbs
- Adjustable 5” backlit iFit display shows all of your stats in live time, including RPM, distance, time, BPM, speed, and calories burned
- Built-in grip EKG sensors monitor your heart rate and allow you to perform zone training to reach your fitness goals
- iFit Coach compatibility provides you with unlimited access to workout programs that will take you all over the world
- 32 built-in workouts designed by certified professional trainers keep you engaged and entertained, which can help you stay motivated to stick to your fitness regimen
- 25 digital resistance levels allow you to easily increase or decrease the intensity of your workouts
- Wireless chest strap compatible, allowing you to connect your personal chest strap for heart rate monitoring
- OneTouch® Controls make changing the resistance level easy, quick, and convenient
- AutoBreezeTM workout fan automatically adjusts to the intensity of your workout to keep you cool and comfortable
- Frame: 10 Years
- Parts: 2 years
- Labor: 1 year
- NordicTrack also provides a 30-day money back guarantee
Shipping and Assembly:
- Shipping is free at the moment if you purchase from NordicTrack.com.
- The Commercial VR21 can easily be assembled at home using the provided instructions.
What We Love About the NordicTrack Commercial VR21 Recumbent Bike:
As a recumbent bike, the Commercial VR21 model is designed for low-impact training and is therefore much kinder on the muscles and joints. Compared to upright bikes, your feet are extended out in front of you, instead of under you, taking some of the pressure and weight off of your lower body. In addition, the Commercial VR21 has easy, StepThru design, which eliminates the traditional base that stands as a barrier in the middle of the bike. This design improvement makes it easier and safer to mount and demount the bike. The Commercial VR 21 recumbent exercise bike also has several ergonomic design features, including extra-wide and adjustable pedals and a mesh-ventilated seat with added lumbar back support. These careful design considerations help make the NordicTrack VR21 a great buy for trainees looking for comfort and safety during workouts.
The combination of ergonomic design features and built-in workout programs make the Commercial VR 21 a great value purchase in recumbent exercise bikes. With a subscription to iFit, workouts become virtually unlimited. While the NordicTrack Commercial VR21 doesn’t come with the latest technology on the market or an HD touchscreen like some of the newer, more expensive models, it still has everything you need and more to have consistently effective workouts.
What Isn’t So Great About the Commercial VR21 Recumbent Bike:
While the NordicTrack Commercial VR21 recumbent indoor bike is a respectable choice for entry-level trainees looking for low-to-moderate intensity workouts, because of its price and only two-year parts warranty, the bike is not expected to be the most stable and durable available. The name is also misleading—the bike is not a commercial bike, per se, and is meant for home gyms in residential spaces. For trainees looking for a more durable, long-lasting bike, you can expect to find that in a slightly higher price range.
Final Word on the NordicTrack Commercial VR21 Recumbent Bike:
The NordicTrack Commercial VR21 is probably one of the best valued recumbent exercise bikes out there. The list of extra features is impressive for its price, from the ergonomic considerations and StepThru design, to the 32 built-in workout programs. Many comparable recumbent bikes at this price do not have all of the additional bells and whistles. In addition, the transport wheels on the bike make it easy to roll away and stow in between workout sessions. Overall, the NordicTrack Commercial VR21 indoor bike can be a great option for trainees looking for a low-impact option to training who are on a budget or are not yet ready to commit to a larger investment. With all of its features, it can go a long way in helping you achieve your fitness goals. Rating: 92/100.