Last Updated on November 30, 2021 by TFM Staff
Let’s get started:
In our opinion the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is basically the best recumbent bike on the market, and it’s suitable for anyone whether you’re a fitness guru or a novice. There’s only one machine that comes close, the Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike. There really is not much missing from either one of these bikes. The 270 Recumbent Bike is loaded with great features; just take a look at this list below. The best are the 29 programmed workouts, the ability to download workout data, mobile device connectivity and the overall quality you get in a Schwinn.
- With enhanced Bluetooth connectivity, users can set, track and monitor progress with popular app-based tracking tools.
- Explore the world and discover 50plus global routes that auto-adjust in real time to your speed
- Fully-loaded console with DualTrack blue backlit LCD screens offers 29 workout programs and visibility to workout metrics, even when the media tray is in use
Last update on 2022-05-23 // Source: Amazon API
- Height: 49.9 inches
- Width: 27.7 inches
- Length: 64 inches
- Weight: 86.6 lbs
- 25 levels of resistance for a wide range or workout intensity
- 29 workout programs
- High speed, high inertia drive system with a perimeter weighted flywheel for a
smooth, consistent workout
- Heart rate monitoring on handlebar grips and telemetry enabled for chest strap
- In-console speakers with iPod® or MP3 player input port and
- Bluetooth and USB data transfer functionality to Schwinn Connect™ or
- Media shelf for an enjoyable exercise experience
- Three-speed cooling fan
- Water bottle holder to ensure the user stays hydrated while exercising
- Transport wheels for easy mobility
- Maximum User Weight: 300 lbs
- DualTrack™ two blue backlit LCD window system
- Bluetooth and USB connectivity to Nautilus® Connect and MyFitnessPal to
download workout data
- 12 profile programs including 4 fun rides, 4 mountain rides and 4 challenges.
- 9 heart rate programs with custom settings
- 2 fitness test programs to measure your physical fitness improvements
- 4 user profiles to store personal information and store workout data
- 1 recovery test program to measure your how quickly your heart rate recovers
- Quick start capability
- Workout data includes:
- Revolutions Per Minute
- Heart Rate
The frame has a ten year warranty. Schwinn also provides a two (2) year mechanical warranty, a one (1) year electrical warranty and a 90-day labor warranty.
Getting It Together:
Shipping costs for the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Exercise Bike will vary in price depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. However, if you purchase through Amazon.com, shipping is free for this machine.
Assembling the 270 Recumbent Bike is easy. That said, it’s going to take a little time because there are a lot of pieces. Schwinn provides a full illustrated, step-by-step assembly manual to help the process along. You’ll need to set aside an hour or two tops to get this bike together.See price on Amazon
Ignaz Schwinn and partner Adolph Arnold founded the company in Chicago in 1895. Schwinn® has since then become icon in the bicycle, recreation product, and home and commercial fitness worlds. Schwinn® led innovation in the bicycle industry with several firsts including the bicycle balloon tire in 1933; Cyclelock®, a bicycle theft solution in 1935; and in 1938 the front-wheel brake, innovative frame and the spring fork, which are the predecessor of today’s mountain bikes. In 1965, Schwinn® introduced their first in-home workout machines and today they have whole lines of upright bikes, recumbent bikes, steppers, treadmills, elliptical and home gyms.
The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Exercise Bike has everything someone needs to have a great bike, an intense workout, and enjoyable exercises. It keeps you connected to the outside world with its media shelf and Bluetooth connectivity, and it has an excellent console with many workouts and the ability to download exercise data. In comparison, it’s a big step up from the excellent, but more slimmed-down Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike. Finally, with the Schwinn® name you’re getting the quality that only a 100 year old manufacturer can provide.
The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike has a great console with 29 programmed workouts. This is almost unheard of at this price range. In fact, there are recumbent bikes that cost over three times as much that don’t have this many programmed workouts. Don’t believe us? Take a look at some of the much higher priced Diamondback Fitness and SOLE Fitness models. The programmed workouts simulate easier, fun workouts and more strenuous hill and mountain rides, but the best are the challenging workouts that really get the heart rate up. Speaking of heart rate there are also nine pre-programmed heart rate workouts on this console. While all of this is great, the 270 Recumbent Bike also allows you to download your exercise data so that you can track your performance from workout to workout. This is something else that competitors don’t offer.
Schwinn has been around for over 100 years and has been a leader in the cycling world for nearing just as long. They know a thing or two about quality. The 270 Recumbent Bike is built well and will stand up to your most intense workouts. The high-speed, high-inertia perimeter weighted flywheel keeps this machine planted to the ground and its 3-piece pedal cracks with oversized pedals provide a comfortable biking motion. Schwinn provides a pretty ground 10 year warranty on the 270 Recumbent Bike as well, but you’re not likely to have to worry about that.
What Isn’t So Great:
It’s hard to find a flaw in the Schwinn 270. Schwinn provides heart rate monitoring in the handle grips of this bike. They also provide the ability to use a chest heart rate monitor. So, if we’re going to split hairs, I guess we could point out that the chest strap is not included. Our guess is that many people don’t need this feature, so they don’t include it. That said, a decent chest strap will only run about $50-60. With that additional minor investment (if you need it), this bike is rock solid.
Final Word on the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike:
Coming in at an amazingly low price Recumbent Bike Schwinn 270 can’t be beat…seriously. The only bike that comes close is the Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike, but you’ll have to pay a little more for it. For the features on the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike you would expect to pay over $1,000. In fact, there are bikes approaching $2,000 that don’t have this many programmed workouts and the ability to download exercise data (take a look at the top of the line SOLE Fitness and Diamondback Fitness models like the Diamondback 910SR Recumbent Bike). You will definitely not be disappointed with this bike. Highly recommended.See price on Amazon