Let’s Get Started:
As with all WaterRower rowing machines, the WaterRower Club Rowing Machine is a beautiful and expertly crafted piece of exercise equipment. This model is made from solid Ash wood and stained with black and rose stains with a Danish oil finish. It bears repeating that this is a great looking machine but as a bonus, the Ash, a premium hardwood, is doing double duty as it absorbs vibration and sound while you’re working out. Add on to that the resistance that is created by the flywheel paddles moving through water in the enclosed tank and you get a very ergonomic, natural-feeling workout. You regulate the resistance by how hard and fast you row. Able to handle user weight of up to 1000 lbs (wow) and featuring an S4 Performance monitor that helps track your progress, the WaterRower Club Rowing Machine is one of the best rowing machines you can buy.
WaterRower designed this rowing machine for the heavy, everyday use of a fitness club, adding the dual black rails that reduce the appearance of scuffs and wear. That said, it looks great in any environment including the home and is doesn’t have any features
that a novice couldn’t enjoy. Its assembly is extremely easy and the overall use of the rower is very simple. Finally, the machine’s frame flips upright and is easy to relocate or store when not in use.
- Height: 20 in (50.8 cm)
- Width: 22.25 in (56.52 cm)
- Length: 82.25 in (208.9 cm)
- Item weight: 66.5 lbs (30.2 kg)
- Rower with full water tank: 103.5 lbs (47 kg)
- Patented Water Flywheel that replicates the physical dynamics of rowing giving realistic and consistent rowing strokes.
- Handcrafted solid Ash wood frame and finished with Danish oil and Urethane makes the frame extremely durable.
- Ergonomic seat and footrests molded for comfort and stability.
- Polycarbonate water tank making it virtually indestructible.
- Maximum User Weight: 1,000 lbs (454 kg)
S4 Performance Monitor Features:
- Displays intensity in a number of measurements including:
- Stroke rate
- Heart rate
- QuickStart and QuickSelect options allow single button use in order to quickly start workouts.
- AutoStore and AutoPreview options store the last nine (9) workout settings that are easily scrollable for easy recall and viewing.
- Zone and ZoneBar features allow you to set your intensity, stroke rate and heart rate zones. The feature tracks and tells you when you are inside or outside your zones.
- Distance and duration workout feature allows you to preset and count down your workout. Average statistics are displayed upon completion.
- Interval workout option allows you to set up to nine (9) work intervals separated by rest durations. Alarms and statistics prompt you at the end of intervals.
- The advanced monitor settings allow you to:
- Store an addition nine (9) workout setting independent of the AutoStore.
- Projected settings allow you to view anticipated duration and distance during workouts.
- Advanced heart rate analysis lets you view maximum rates, time spent above, below and in your heart rate zone.
The frame has a three (3) year warranty and the components have a one (1) year warranty. However, by filling out the registration form, the warranties will be extended to five (5) years and three (3) years, respectively. Highly recommended you do this.
Shipping and Assembly:
Assembly should take no longer than 30 minutes. As I’m sure you can guess, the Club rower does NOT come with water in the tank. ☺
The Club Rowing Machine comes shipped in two (2) boxes:
- Box 1
- Height: 23.5 in (59.9 cm)
- Width: 28.5 in (72.39 cm)
- Length: 24.5 in (62.23)
- Weight: 60 lbs (27.2 kg)
- Box 2
- Height: 6 in (15.24 cm)
- Width: 3.25 in (8.3 cm)
- Length: 83 in (210.8 cm)
- Weight: 23 lbs (10.4 kg)
WaterRower has been a leader in the rowing machine market for 20 years. And beyond creating great products like the Club, Classic, Oxbridge, and Natural rowers, WaterRower brings a forward-thinking environmentally aware philosophy to the table. Their rowing machines are constructed using renewable hardwood from forests located in the USA.
What We Love About the WaterRower Club Rowing Machine:
To start, WaterRower has a reputation for building superior rowing machines. When you purchase the Club Rowing Machine, you are getting a quality product that is comfortable, durable, and easy to use. What’s great about this machine is that from the time it arrives on your door step until you start rowing can be as little as one hour.
Quality & Durability
The WaterRower Club Rowing Machine is a quality rower. It is handcrafted from solid Ash wood with an attractive Rosewood stain and finished in Danish oil and Urethane.
Aside from the quality of the wood, the frame is one of the most durable on the market. It is ideal for absorbing sound and minimizing vibration. There are no creaking or other sounds that you might expect from wood components. The frame’s low center of gravity allows you to exert full power and this rower isn’t going to move. The polycarbonate water tank is equally durable and virtually indestructible. The Club Rower doesn’t have any moving parts that can wear out or that need to be maintained. This is an excellently built machine.
Ease of Use / Low Impact
The Club Rowing Machine as designed is extremely easy to use and designed for comfort and a low impact workout. All of the components on this rowing machine can be adjusted very quickly. The padded heel rests make this is an easy to use piece of equipment for all shapes and sizes. The ergonomics of the machine make the rower a good fit for everyone. The handle is light and has a 10-degree bend to give you a realistic rowing feel. Even the computer has a lot of one button operations, so the minute you have the rower assembled, you can jump on and get to work.
Quick and Easy Assembly
There aren’t many rowers that assemble as quickly as a WaterRower Club Rowing Machine. The packaging comes with detailed, step-by-step instructions and tools to put it together quickly. The WaterRower Club actually comes partially assembled. A lot of the pieces are loosely attached and you just need to put them together. Altogether, the rower can be assembled in as quickly as 15 minutes, and no users have mentioned it taking more than an hour.
Some people have some issues with the S4 monitor’s back lighting, or lack thereof. That said, when searching for drawbacks of this rowing machine, this is really the only thing that stood out. It really isn’t hard to see the digital display unless you’re in a darkened room. And that can be remedied by turning on a light. Some other users thought that the S4 didn’t provide a lot of advanced features. As far as we can tell it gets the job done.
WaterRower advertises that quietness of the Club Rowing Machine, but some users report that the sound of the water can be a little loud. Like all resistance rowers there is going to be some degree of noise. It doesn’t matter if it’s an air flywheel, magnetic resistance, or a waterwheel. The more effort that you put into it, the louder it’s going to get although some people may find it motivating to hear the water paddles get louder as they cut through the water and burn more calories.
Final Word on the WaterRower Club Rowing Machine
At around $1,160, you’re getting massive quality for your money and a rowing machine that is going to last a very long time. The WaterRower Club Rowing Machine is practically a piece of art. On top of that, the machine is comfortable, which allows you to extend those workouts, and very simple to use. Highly recommended: