Last Updated on February 10, 2021 by JP
Row Machine Overview:
The WaterRower RONK M1 HiRise rowing machine is the product of a collaborative effort between GRONK Fitness and WaterRower. This limited edition rowing machine is from the signature product line of Rob Gronkowski, the New England Patriot’s star tight end. That being said, the real star is the WaterRower M1 HiRise.
Fear not, this rowing machine has all of the usual WaterRower quality. You get the same refined handcrafted design and patented WaterFlywheel that emulates the dynamics of a boat moving through water. The main difference with this limited edition model is the black powder coated finish and the signature GRONK label on the WaterRower M1 HiRise frame. WaterRower also equips the GRONK M1 HiRise with the S4 Performance Monitor that provides you with easy-to-use controls and advanced features to track your workout statistics. You can even connect to third party products to compete against other connected users.
- Length: 84”
- Width: 22”
- Height: 30”
- Item weight: 79 lbs (empty)/ 116 lbs (full)
- Max user weight: >700 lbs
- Residential and full commercial use.
- Durable aluminum construction.
- Powder-coated Carbon Black with GRONK FITNESS exclusive branding.
- Soothing and relaxing with minimal intrusion.
- Patented WaterFlywheel emulates natural dynamic of rowing.
- Unique self-regulating resistance, infinitely variable, suiting any user without adjustment.
- No impact and non-load bearing, perfect for users with joint concerns.
- Polar or ANT+ technology heart rate monitoring available as an option.
- HiRise designed to raise the WaterRower approximately 8” in order to provide ease of entry and higher positioning when in use.
- Stores easily on end.
- Minimal maintenance and no lubrication required. Simply add a purification tablet every 6 months (available free of charge).
- Maximum user height: Up to 38” inseam
- Series 4 Performance Monitor.
- Many standard features including:
- QuickStart Feature
- QuickSelect Feature
- AutoStore Feature
- AutoPreview Function
- Zone and ZoneBar Features
- Distance Workout Feature
- Duration Workout Feature
- Interval Workout Feature
- PC Interface that allows you to connect to 3rd party and open source software like WaterRower’s Online Rowing Community, WebRacing and WaterCoach FIT.
- Many advanced features including:
- Manual Workouts Setting Storage
- Manual Workout Settings Retrieval
- Projected Duration
- Projected Duration
- Power/Recovery Ratio
- Advanced Heart Rate Analysis
- Set Tank Volume
- Total Machine Distance
- Frame: 5 years
- Components: 3 years
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the WaterRower GRONK M1 HiRise depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. However, some retailers, such as Amazon.com, will provide free shipping.
There are less than 15 steps to the Water Rower assembly process. The packaging comes with an easy to follow assembly manual with step-by-step instructions to complete the process. It also comes with all of the parts and tools you’ll need for assembly. From start to finish, assembling the rower should take less than an hour.
What We Love About the WaterRower GRONK M1 Rowing Machine:
Quality & Design
If quality is your top priority in a rowing machine, you can’t go wrong with a WaterRower. The GRONK M1 HiRise has a durable aluminum construction that is powder-coated Carbon Black. Like all WaterRower machines, the GRONK M1 HiRise is hand made in the USA. The WaterFlywheel is renowned for its precise replication of the exact dynamics of on-water rowing. Another nice touch with this rowing machine is that it is elevated off of the ground. While it doesn’t sound like that big of a deal, you will definitely notice that it is extremely easy to get on and off compared to other rowing machines. Engineered to the highest standards, using only the most premium materials, the WaterRower GRONK M1 HiRise will provide years of trouble free use even under the most strenuous workouts.
S4 Performance Monitor
The monitor on the GRONK M1 HiRise is designed with user friendliness in mind. Most of the functions have QuickStart capability so you only need to press the button and start rowing. However, the S4 Performance Monitor is packed with plenty of advanced features as well. The best features are the PC interface capabilities. By connecting the rower you can exercise using several commercially available software products like WaterRower’s Online Rowing Community, WebRacing and WaterCoach FIT. These products allow you to compete with other connected users or allow you to design your own workouts.
The biggest disappointment with the WaterRower GRONK M1 HiRise is the heart rate monitoring. Yes, you do have the ability to monitor your heart rate while exercising, but it will require an upgrade. You will need to purchase a heart rate receiver box in order to track your heart rate. Once you purchase the box, you then have the ability to use a Polar or ANT+ chest strap. Again, you’ll need to make this purchase on your own. WaterRower does not provide a chest strap with the GRONK M1 HiRise. So, on top of the premium WaterRower price, you’ll need to shell out at least another $100 for the box and belt. This is definitely a disappointment.
Final Word on the WaterRower GRONK M1 HiRise Rowing Machine:
The GRONK M1 HiRise is another quality rowing machine put out by WaterRower. You definitely can’t go wrong buying a WaterRower. The quality and rowing experience are unmatched. WaterRower also equips this rower with the S4 Performance Monitor which combines easy to use controls with a multitude of advanced options. The one thing we wish WaterRower would have included is out-of-the-box heart rate monitoring. This rower does have the ability, but you’ll need to buy it on your own. One final note is that if you don’t really care for the GRONK signature on this WaterRower, you can basically get the same machine for $150-200 cheaper for the standard M1 HiRise.