Let’s Get Started:
The Bowflex BXT216 is a premium home treadmill bringing quality and professionalism to any run. The model is a high-end choice for marathon-caliber training or trainees looking to share the treadmill with other family members or roommates.
The Bowflex BXT216 comes packed with features and high quality, durable parts, such as a 4.0 CHP powering the belt—which means you’ll be able to run long and hard distances without worrying about the equipment. The belt is also 3-ply, providing a thickness that delivers durability and extra running comfort. On top of these features, the Bowflex BXT216 comes with 11 pre-programmed workouts, a large console with a 9” full color screen, and advanced heart rate monitoring. This model is an excellent choice for the serious runner.
- Height: 55.2”
- Width: 36.3”
- Length: 84.6”
- Item weight: 304 lbs
- Max user weight: 400 lbs
- 4.0 CHP for continuous horsepower motor, allowing for multiple training sessions per day and/or marathon training.
- Up to 12mph (19.3kph) at the tip of your fingertips and easily accessible on an extra-large console allows you to adjust the intensity of your workout.
- Easy SoftdropTM Stowable Design as well as foot and transport wheels allow for easy folding and storing.
- Automatic three-speed fan keeps you cool and comfortable throughout your run.
- 3-ply 2.5mm Belt is durable and extra wide, giving you the freedom to move and perform intense workouts.
- Up to 15% incline with quick adjustment allows you to modify your incline to focus on specific muscle groups without losing your focus during your workout.
- Heart rate monitoring to further target your workouts and control the intensity is available on the console.
- Comfort Tech Deck Suspension Technology provides a smooth and cushioned experience compared to outdoor running surfaces.
- 9” full color, backlit display screen keeps you work out programs right in front of you in vivid detail.
- Syncs with Free Results SeriesTM App, making it easier than ever to track and record your goals and progress.
- Bluetooth compatibility allows for hassle-free, wireless stats sharing and recording.
- Integrated speaker and sound system allows you to enjoy your music during as you work out.
- 11 pre-programmed workouts created by top-level fitness professionals and targeted to your specific goals.
- Display readouts and user feedback include:
- Total calories burned
- Burn rate (per minute burn rate calculator)
- Heart rate
- Frame: 15 years
- Parts: 5 years
- Labor: 2 years
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the Bowflex BXT216 treadmill, but you can normally get free shipping at Bowflex.com – click here to check the latest offer.
Like most treadmills, the Bowflex BXT216 comes with a number of parts and wires to put together. Fortunately, it also comes with a step-by-step assembly manual. So, while it’s going to take you a little time to get together, somewhere around 4 hours, it’s not going to be too difficult.
What We Love About the Bowflex BXT216:
The Bowflex BXT216 comes equipped with a powerful 4.0 CHP motor that moves the workout belt continuously. The standard horsepower for home treadmills is usually anywhere from 3.0-3.5 CHP, making the Bowflex BXT216 a standout treadmill for its high-performance capabilities. The 4.0 CHP allows for rigorous sessions—even multiple per day—and perhaps more importantly, for withstanding marathon-level training. This quality also turns out to be higher than the industry standards at the same price point. In sum, if you’re training indoors for a marathon, or have multiple rigorous workout sessions a day (or share it with multiple family members), the strong 4.0 CHP will ensure that the treadmill is up to the task.
The Treadbelt: Wide And Durable
Even at this price point, it’s rare to see a 3-ply treadbelt. The extra-ply refers to the thickness of the belt—which, in this case, is three times the thickness of your standard treadmill mat, which usually comes as a single-ply. As a result, you’ll have no problems with the belt ripping, even at the higher weight ranges. This also provides an extra comfortable workout with a longer product lifespan that is unlikely to stretch out over time. In addition, the Bowflex BXT216 has an extra-wide belt at 22 x 60 inches, which is also wider than the standard treadmill. Having a larger running surface is often more comfortable and feels more natural.
To be honest, it’s tough to really pinpoint any concrete negatives for the Bowflex BXT216. As far as high-quality, heavy duty treadmills go, this model is a top performer. That said, as it is fairly new to the market, there is no way of knowing how durable the unit really is over time. So, if you’re looking for a model series that has been tested time and time again and proven to hold up, taking a leap with a newer model may be a bit riskier. The quality of the components, however, does bode well, but there’s no way of knowing how, for example, the Bluetooth connectivity will be holding up over time.
How the Bowflex BXT216 Compares to the Bowflex BXT116
The Bowflex BXT216 is a premium model from the company among their runner-grade treadmills, which includes the BXT116 model. In comparison, the BXT216 has stronger motor power at 4.0 CHP, a wider running surface by a couple inches, and slightly better impact cushioning than the BXT116.
Final Word on the Bowflex BXT216:
The Bowflex BXT216 is a premium treadmill and at that, one of the best in its class among marathon-level treadmills. With a 4.0 CHP, you’ll be able to run long distances or use the equipment multiple times daily, if you’re sharing with family members, for example. The 3-ply belt is also thicker than traditional at-home treadmills, providing you with a smooth and durable run. You can expect to get a long lifespan out of this treadmill based on the quality of the parts, however the model is still too young to have an established track record based on user feedback. Overall, if you are serious about running or looking for a durable, state-of-the-art treadmill, the Bowflex BXT216 is an excellent option.