Last Updated on February 10, 2021 by Jeff
Lose weight while you work on your computer, talk on the phone, read a book, or navigate your social media with the Exerpeutic 2000 Workfit Desk Station Treadmill. You can burn 4 to 5 times the calories than you would while you sit at your desk or on the couch doing the exact same things.
You can surf the internet and get caught up on email without ever having to change your daily routine. Walking while you work will boost energy levels and increase your productivity. Just simple walking on the treadmill can heighten your mental awareness, increase your creativity and can improve your overall well-being.
- Height: 60”
- Width: 36”
- Length: 70”
- Running surface: 20”x40”
- Item weight: 167 lbs
- Max user weight: 400 lbs
- 4’x2’ desk top station that includes two cup holders, an AC outlet station and a pre-drilled hole for cords. There are also pegs for winding cords.
- The desk is large enough to accommodate a full sized keyboard, monitor, mouse, phone and more.
- Desk can hold up to 80 lbs of weight.
- Full length molded PU foam arm and wrist support and for different angle adjustments for comfort.
- Includes a metal stand that is compatible with Kindles, iPads and other tablets.
- 1.5 HP high torque motor increases power as more resistance is applied to the belt and utilizes “Quiet Drive” which reduces any noise when walking.
- Motor provides speed up to 4 mph and incline adjustment from 0-15%.
- Extra-long handlebars measure your heart rate with sensor pads and utilize convenient speed and incline buttons to adjust your intensity.
- Blue backlit high intensity LCD display.
- Display readouts include:
- Heart Rate
- Frame: 1 yr, plus an additional free 5 yr extended warranty
- Motor: 5 yr, plus an additional free 5 yr extended warranty
- All Other Components: 90 days, plus an additional 90 days extended warranty
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the 2000 Workfit Desk Station Treadmill depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. However, some retailers, such as Amazon.com, will provide free shipping.
There is a decent amount of assembly that needs to be done, even though it is partially assembled. There is an instruction manual that will walk you through the process. It’s pretty straightforward. The packaging also comes with all of the tools that you’ll need to do this assembly. Everything should take about an hour to get together.
What We Love About the 2000 Workfit Desk Station Treadmill:
Strength and Durability
The Exerpeutic 2000 Workfit Desk Station Treadmill is a strong and durable piece of exercise equipment. Even though it’s only really designed for walking, this treadmill is strong. At 167 lbs, this treadmill is not going to move while you’re exercising. Its 400 maximum weight capacity accommodates everyone. The desk station itself has an 80 lb weight capacity so it’s sure to be able to hold everything that you normally keep on your regular desk. With this treadmill, you are going to be able to exercise while working until you retire.
The biggest issue with the Exerpeutic 2000 Workfit Desk Station Treadmill is that you can’t adjust the desk vertically. There are four positions that you can put the desk in, but you can’t move it up and down. Adding this feature would make it more comfortable for various users. Another drawback is that the cup holders are way back on the corners of the desk. It makes it somewhat of a difficult reach, especially if you do have a computer and monitor on the desk station. These issues need to be resolved in future versions of the 2000 Workfit Desk Station Treadmill.
No Running Ability
Of course this treadmill is not really designed for running, as speed only goes up to 4 mph. You can fold the desk completely out of the way and just use this treadmill as a treadmill, you don’t have enough speed to actually run on it. Not that it would really matter though, because with a 40” belt length, running isn’t really possible. Not a problem, just mentioning so you’re aware.
Final Word on the Exerpeutic 2000 Workfit Desk Station Treadmill:
The Exerpeutic 2000 Workfit Desk Station Treadmill is a little pricey being it will only allow you to walk. With a top speed of 4 mph and a 40” belt, you aren’t really going to be able to jog or run. This treadmill is designed for the sole purpose of being able to walk while you are working. And for that, it is built very well. It is a strong, durable treadmill. When you invest in the Exerpeutic 2000 Workfit Desk Station Treadmill, you are getting a treadmill that will last until your retirement and make sure that you’re healthy so that you can enjoy it.