Last Updated on
Let’s Get Started:
The C 1650 Treadmill is in the running as one of NordicTrack’s top models with great design paired with a ton of features. Starting with the construction, this home treadmill has a sturdy, stable foundation and is powered by a strong 3.5 continuous horse power motor. This motor allows a maximum running speed of 12 mph (that’s fast) and a maximum incline of 12%. The 1.9” rollers for the belt are high quality with sealed bearings. The NordicTrack C 1650’s running surface itself utilizes a FlexSelect cushioning system that will take all of the stress off of your knees and ankles. However, if you prefer running on a stiffer surface, the FlexSelect system can also provide that.
The NordicTrack C 1650 Treadmill’s add-ons will keep you coming back for more. The console on this treadmill is packed with 34 programmed workouts and is iFit compatible. These means a whole library of workouts are at your fingertips as well as the ability to compete against friends and the ability to track your exercise statistics. The C 1650 Treadmill is also iPod compatible and features a large tablet holder that still allows you to view the console and monitor your workout data. When you’re done exercising, the treadmill folds up easily with the EasyLiftTM system so that it can be moved and stored easily.
- Length: 78.3”
- Width: 35.75”
- Height: 56.4”
- Running surface: 20”x60”
- Item weight: 222 lbs
- Max user weight: 325 lbs
- Heavy duty drive system featuring the 3.5 continuous horsepower DurX Commercial motor with dual fans that cool internal components while running for less noise and vibration.
- 1.9” rear roller made of the highest quality, aircraft-spec bearings that are sealed inside roller housings, crafted of high tolerance, machined steel.
- Accommodates walking, jogging and running with speeds up to 12 mph. Adjust your speed at the touch of a button.
- Quickly adjust your incline between 0 and 12% to target specific muscle groups and burn more calories.
- One touch controls adjust your speed and incline in seconds at the touch of a button.
- FlexSelect cushioning system allows you to utilize double cushioning isolators to help reduce impact on your knees and ankles, or select a firm, stable surface as if you’re running on the road.
- Heart rate monitoring through dual CardioGrip sensors on both handlebars. Also compatible with your wireless chest strap, not included.
- iPod compatible sound system allows you to plug into the console and hear your content from the dual 2” speakers.
- Integrated tablet holder allows you to enjoy your favorite shows, music and movies while you workout.
- Innovative EasyLift Assist telescoping shock helps you lift and fold the deck up and out of the way for convenient cleaning and storage.
- AutoBreezeTM workout fan keeps you cool and comfortable by adjusting its speed to match your workout intensity.
- 10” web-enabled, full-color touchscreen delivers plenty of interaction and entertainment to sidestep workout monotony.
- iFit enabled allows you to get a new workout every day, automatically track your progress, replicate real-life runs with Google MapsTM, compete with your friends and custom-tailor your training to your specific goals.
- 34 built-in workout programs.
- Display readouts include:
- Elapsed Time
- Time Remaining
- Calories Burned
- Vertical Feet Climbed
- ¼ Mile Track
- Pace (Minutes/Mile)
- Lap Number
- Heart Rate
- Frame: Lifetime
- Motor: Lifetime
- Parts: 5 year
- Labor: 2 year
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the NordicTrack C 1650 Treadmill depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. NordicTrack.com currently offers free shipping.
Assembly of the NordicTrack C 1650 Treadmill is going to take a little time. There are 22 steps outlined in the assembly manual that need to be followed. To assembly the C 1650 Treadmill you’ll need the included Allen wrench and your own Phillips screwdriver. Following the steps in the instructions, it should take you around an hour to complete the assembly.
What We Love About the NordicTrack C 1650 Treadmill:
We really like the innovative FlexSelect cushioning system on the NordicTrack C 1650 Treadmill. This is something we haven’t seen on competing models. While most treadmills brag about their ability to cushion your knees and ankles while running, NordicTrack does something different. Yes, they still provide the cushion for your knees and ankles, but they give you the option of not having it. Yes, that sounds strange, but we have to say, sometimes we do miss the feel of road running and NordicTrack is trying to provide that to you, or at least provide the option to you.
The console itself comes with 34 built-in workout programs, but if you use your iFit membership, the workout possibilities are endless. Not only do you get more workouts, the ability to train with your friends and the use of Google Maps to run on virtual terrain, but you also get the ability to track your exercise data. The console also has iPod compatibility that allows you to use it through the integrated speakers and a tablet holder conveniently located above the display so you will never block your workout data. It also has an accessory tray and a built-in fan that will automatically adjust its speed to your walking and running intensity. We can’t think of anything NordicTrack missed with this console.
Hard to find any issues with this machine but if you were going to try hard, it might be that they don’t include a chest strap monitor for measuring your heart rate. You can buy one separately for $50. For most people, however, the C 1650’s heart rate monitoring sensor grips (included) do the trick.
Final Word on the NordicTrack C 1650 Treadmill:
The NordicTrack C 1650 Treadmill is a solid, well designed treadmill and is well worth the money. This treadmill has everything you’ll need for a great workout including 34 programmed workouts, access to 3rd party software for more workouts, iPod compatibility, heart rate sensors, and a tablet holder to keep you connected to the outside world. We really love the innovative cushioning system that allows you the choice of running on a soft or hard surface. Rating: 97/100.