Let’s Get Started – Treadmill Overview:
The NordicTrack C 990 Treadmill has everything you’ll need for an entertaining and enjoyable workout. It gives you the ability to connect your mobile device so that you can play your own music through the dual 2” speakers on the machine. It also has an integrated tablet holder so that you can stay connected to the outside world while exercising. The treadmill itself is also loaded with 32 programmed workouts to ensure cardiovascular fitness and fat burning without having to figure out a routine on your own. If that’s not enough the C 990 Treadmill is also iFit capable, which gives you additional workout capabilities including simulating running terrain with Google MapsTM. NordicTrack packs the C 990 Treadmill with all of the extras to keep you coming back workout after workout.
This contender among the best treadmills is designed well with a strong 3.0 horsepower motor. The NordicTrack C 990’s motor has some great internal features such as dual fans that cool its components, superb insulation and quiet performance. It also powers the treadmill up to 12 mph and 12% incline. NordicTrack equipped the C 990 Treadmill with one-touch controls that allow you to jump between speeds and incline within seconds and allow you to maintain your focus while running. The 20×60 running surface is huge and uses an innovative FlexSelect cushioning system that takes stress off of your hips, knees and ankles.
- Length: 78.3”
- Width: 35.75”
- Height: 56.4”
- Running surface: 20”x60”
- Item weight: 260 lbs
- Max user weight: 300 lbs
- Heavy duty drive system featuring the 3.0 continuous horsepower DurXTM motor with dual fans that cool internal components while running for less noise and vibration.
- 2.5” rear roller made of the highest quality, aircraft-spec bearings that are sealed inside roller housings, crafted of high tolerance, machined steel.
- Accommodates walking, jogging and running with speeds up to 12 mph. Adjust your speed at the touch of a button.
- Quickly adjust your incline between 0 and 12% to target specific muscle groups and burn more calories.
- One touch controls adjust your speed and incline in seconds at the touch of a button.
- FlexSelect cushioning system allows you to utilize double cushioning isolators to help reduce impact on your knees and ankles, or select a firm, stable surface as if you’re running on the road.
- Heart rate monitoring through dual CardioGripTM sensors on both handlebars. Also compatible with your wireless chest strap, not included.
- iPod compatible sound system allows you to plug into the console and hear your content from the dual 2” speakers.
- Integrated tablet holder allows you to enjoy your favorite shows, music and movies while you workout.
- Innovative EasyLiftTM Assist telescoping shock helps you lift and fold the deck up and out of the way for convenient cleaning and storage.
- AutoBreezeTM workout fan keeps you cool and comfortable by adjusting its speed to match your workout intensity.
- 7” web-enabled, full-color touchscreen delivers plenty of interaction and entertainment to sidestep workout monotony.
- iFit enabled allows you to get a new workout every day, automatically track your progress, replicate real-life runs with Google MapsTM, compete with your friends and custom-tailor your training to your specific goals.
- 32 built-in workout programs.
- Display readouts include:
- Elapsed Time
- Time Remaining
- Calories Burned
- Calories Per Hour
- Vertical Feet Climbed
- ¼ Mile Track
- Pace (Minutes/Mile)
- Lap Number
- Heart Rate
- Frame: Lifetime
- Motor: Lifetime
- Parts: 3 year
- Labor: 1 year
Shipping and Assembly:
- Shipping is free for the C 990 Treadmill if purchased directly from NordicTrack (click here).
- The NordicTrack C 990 Treadmill has quite a few steps to get together; 22 to be exact. They provide a step-by-step, illustrated instruction manual, along with an Allen wrench, to get you through the process. You’ll also need to provide some of your own tools like a Phillips screwdriver. Assembling the C 990 Treadmill is going to take you somewhere around an hour to complete on your own.
What We Love About the NordicTrack C 990 Treadmill:
NordicTrack equips the C 990 Treadmill with the innovative FlexSelect cushioning system. They use this on all of their C Series treadmills including the C 700 Treadmill and C 1650 Treadmill. Make sure you check out our review of the C 1650 Treadmill. This system provides double cushioning isolators to help reduce impact on your knees and ankles. However, with a quick turn, the FlexSelect system offers a firm, stable surface that feels like running on the road. This is a unique feature that we haven’t seen on other treadmills and one that we feel really sets NordicTrack apart.
We love exercise equipment that provides you with features to break up the monotony of working out and encourage you to jump on every day. The NordicTrack C 990 Treadmill is a fine example of this. This treadmill has 32 programmed workouts already on the console. With these workouts you’re not going to need to worry if you’re getting a good burn because they’re specifically designed for that. If that’s not enough, this treadmill is also iFit capable, which means you get access to even more workouts, the ability to train and compete with friends, the ability to track your exercise data and the use of Google MapsTM to simulate running on real terrain. The C 990 Treadmill also allows you to connect your own iPod through the machine’s speaker system and provides you an integrated tablet holder to keep you connected to the outside world. With this treadmill you will miss out on nothing and want to get on the treadmill every day for a workout.
Heart Rate Monitoring
There isn’t a whole lot to complain about on the NordicTrack C 990 Treadmill. I guess the one thing we would have liked to see with this treadmill is an included chest strap heart rate monitor. The C 990 Treadmill has dual grip sensors to track your heart rate while exercising and it does have the capability to use a chest strap, but one is not included with the purchase price. While this may seem a little petty, there are treadmills in this price range that provide them. For example, check out our review of the Nautilus T616 Treadmill which competes strongly with this model.
Final Word on the NordicTrack C 990 Treadmill:
The NordicTrack C 990 Treadmill is a great buy. It has everything you’ll need for a great workout including a quality construction with a great warranty, speed up to 12 mph, incline up to 12% and tons of workout options on the console. The only thing it’s missing is a chest strap heart rate monitor, which you’ll need to provide. At over $300 cheaper than its C 1650 Treadmill big brother, it’s worth considering. The only downgrades you’re getting for the $350 is 25 lb in weight capacity, 0.5 HP in the motor, a couple years on the warranty and 2 programmed workouts in the console. If you want to compare them on your own, make sure you check out our review of the NordicTrack C 1650 Treadmill as well. Rating: 94/100.