Last Updated on May 24, 2021 by Jeff
Let’s get started:
The NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill is a well built machine with all of the bells and whistles you’d want in a cardio machine. Equipped with a 2.6 CHP motor, this NordicTrack home treadmill can get you to a max running speed of 10 mph and provide an incline up to 10%. The motor also provides a smooth and quiet operation. The large running surface utilizes the FlexSelect cushioning system found on most NordicTrack treadmills. This cushioning system provides a soft surface that is easy on the joints, but can also be set to provide a firm surface more like running outdoors.
The T 6.5 Si Treadmill has an excellent console that will be hard to beat by the competition. The console has 20 built-in programs and the ability to access iFit with a paid subscription. With iFit you can expand you training library extensively with the Google Maps program. You can also track your workout statistics to monitor your performance day after day. The console is also iPod compatible so that you can exercise and listen to your own music through its built-in speakers. The NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill has everything you’ll need for an enjoyable workout.
- Length: 73”
- Width: 35.75”
- Height: 67.5”
- Running surface: 20”x55”
- Item weight: 203 lbs
- Max user weight: 300 lbs
- Heavy duty drive system featuring the 2.6 continuous horsepower motor that delivers a smooth and powerful drive system with self cooling capability.
- 1.9” precision machined and balanced non-flex rear rollers help extend the life of the motor and drive system, while reducing wear and tear on the tread belt.
- Accommodates walking, jogging and running with speeds up to 10 mph. Adjust your speed at the touch of a button.
- Quickly adjust your incline between 0 and 10% to target specific muscle groups and burn more calories.
- One touch controls adjust your speed and incline in seconds at the touch of a button.
- FlexSelect cushioning system allows you to utilize double cushioning isolators to help reduce impact on your knees and ankles, or select a firm, stable surface as if you’re running on the road.
- Heart rate monitoring through dual CardioGrip sensors on both handlebars.
- iPod compatible sound system allows you to plug into the console and hear your content from the dual 2” speakers.
- Innovative EasyLift Assist telescoping shock helps you lift and fold the deck up and out of the way for convenient cleaning and storage.
- 5” backlit display tracks your progress while you perform.
- iFit membership (1 year included) allows you to get a new workout every day, automatically track your progress, replicate real-life runs with Google Maps, compete with your friends and custom-tailor your training to your specific goals.
- 20 built-in workout programs.
- Display readouts include:
- Elapsed Time
- Time Remaining
- Calories Burned
- ¼ Mile Track
- Pace (Minutes/Mile)
- Heart Rate
- Frame: 10 year
- Parts: 2 year
- Labor: 1 year
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. However, some retailers, such as Amazon.com, will provide free shipping.
The NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill manual lists 17 steps to its assembly process. They also provide an Allen wrench with the packaging, but you’ll need a couple other tools like a Phillips screwdriver. The manual provides step-by-step, illustrated instructions, but it is still going to take you over an hour to complete.
What We Love About the NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill:
The thing we like most on the NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill is the FlexSelect deck. This is a common feature on NordicTrack’s higher end models and we’re extremely happy to find it on a more budget friendly model. This track provides a soft, cushioned running surface like a lot of treadmills do. However, this treadmill also has the option to quickly change to a more solid surface. So this gives you an option to have a more realistic running surface similar to road running outdoors. On top of the FlexSelect system, this treadmill has a large 20”x55” running surface with speed up to 10 mph and incline up to 10%. All of which are superior features at this price point.
The console is also a great feature on the NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill. First, this treadmill has 20 programmed workouts, which is at the top of the list for other treadmills that you’ll be looking at in this price range. These programs are specifically designed to burn fat and improve cardiovascular fitness. On top of that, NordicTrack also provides compatibility with iFit. With iFit you get an expanded library of workouts, the ability to run throughout the world with Google Maps, you can compete with friends, and it will track your workout data so that you can monitor your performance. There aren’t many other treadmills that have a console that can compete with the T 6.5 Si Treadmill.
Heart Rate Monitoring
There isn’t much wrong with the NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill. It has everything it should in this price range and more. If we have to pick something, we’ll go with the heart rate monitoring. Heart rate monitoring through grips isn’t very accurate and it’s hard to get a reading while jogging or running unless you completely stop for the measurement. In this price range, most treadmills will only have grip sensors to monitor your heart rate, just like the T 6.5 Si Treadmill. However, if you keep a close eye on sales, sometimes you’ll find a treadmill that will give you the ability to use a chest strap drop down to this price range. For example, keep an eye on the ProForm Pro 1000 Treadmill. You can read our review of this treadmill.
Final Word on the NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill:
The NordicTrack T6.5 Si Treadmill is exactly what you would expect for the money. NordicTrack is a well name manufacturer in the fitness world and they’re known for providing quality products. The T 6.5 Si Treadmill has a good sized motor that provide good speed and incline. The console gives you the ability to jump quickly between these settings without interruption. The console also provides tons of workout options with its programmed workouts and iFit capability. It doesn’t, however, provide the option to use a chest strap heart rate monitor, which is just about the only thing we can say could be improved on this model. Rating: 95/100.