Last Updated on September 10, 2019 by Jeff
You won’t need to sacrifice your living space for your fitness equipment with the ProForm Performance 300 Treadmill. The SpaceSaver® design folds easily for storage and saves space in seconds. This treadmill comes equipped with a 2.75 HP drive system that is great for heavy use.
The Mach Z Commercial Motor is built with high-grade components and backed with a 5 year warranty. Not everyone can or likes to run at 10 mph, but it’s nice to know this treadmill can handle it. At this speed and the ability of up to 10% incline you are ensured the most intense workouts possible. QuickSpeed® buttons let you adjust your intensity instantly, so you can stay focused though every step of your workout. The ProForm Performance 300 Treadmill is going to help you meet and exceed every one of your fitness goals.
- Height: 53”
- Width: 33”
- Length: 70”
- Running surface: 18”x50”
- Item weight: 150 lbs
- Max user weight: 300 lbs
- 2.75 HP Mach Z Commercial Motor stays cool through the toughest workouts up to 10 mph, creates high levels of inertia for a smooth, powerful feel and promises a quiet in-home experience.
- 0-10% incline capability adds resistance to your everyday workout, burns more calories and increases muscle tone. Incline is adjusted electronically with quick control buttons or incrementally with buttons near the hand grips.
- ProShoxTM Cushioning air-based absorption system that responds to your movement, changing the elevation of the deck with every step to keep muscles engaged throughout the entire motion, while reducing impact.
- Two hand-grip sensors are conveniently built into the handlebars to monitor your heart rate and to ensure intense workouts.
- SpaceSaver® design folds up easily and stores quickly for people with limited space to exercise.
- CoolAireTM workout fan keeps your workout comfortable from the moment you step onto the deck to the moment you step off.
- iPod® or MP3 compatibility that plays through two 2” speakers on built-in sound system.
- 5”x7” LCD matrix display.
- 16 built-in programs.
- Display readouts include:
- Heart Rate
- Frame: 5 yr
- Motor: 5 yr
- Parts: 90 days
- Labor: 90 days
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the ProForm Performance 300 Treadmill depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. However, some retailers, such as Amazon.com, will provide free shipping.
Assembly isn’t hard, but there are a lot of little pieces. A two-person assembly process is better than one and will go a lot faster. That being said, the instructions are clear and straightforward. Assembly will take about an hour.
What We Love About the ProForm Performance 300 Treadmill:
ProForm computers are typically one that offers a ton of exercise options for the user, and that is exactly what you’ll get on the Performance 300 Treadmill. You don’t get access to iFit® like you do on some of the other ProForm models, but you do still get 16 built-in programs to break-up the treadmill monotony. You also get heart rate monitoring to ensure you are getting an intense workout. If iFit® is something you are looking for, check out our review of the ProForm 505 CST Treadmill. You’ll need to spend a little more, but too much more.
The running surface on the ProForm Performance 300 Treadmill is only 18”x50”. If you’re buying this treadmill to walk or jog, you should be fine. If you’re buying it to run, you might have some problems. At this price range, typically treadmill running surfaces start to drop in length. If you look hard enough, you might be able to find a couple at 55” around the same price as the ProForm Performance 300 Treadmill. The problem with a 50” running surface is that if you’re tall or if you have a long running stride, you might start tripping on the front cover or start coming off of the back roller. Your only other option is to restrict your running stride, which is never a good decision if you want an intense workout. Your best bet is to give the ProForm Performance 300 Treadmill a test run before buying.
Quality & Warranty
The ProForm Performance 300 Treadmill does have some nice components in the 2.75 CHP motor and ProShoxTM cushioning system, but there were a few reviews of this treadmill that questioned its overall quality. There are some reviews that talk about damaged parts upon delivery, belt slippage will usage and also noises or overall loudness of the treadmill. The 5 yr warranties on the frame and motor are also kind of weak. There are other manufacturers with products in this price range that still offer lifetime frame warranties.
Final Word on the ProForm Performance 300 Treadmill:
The ProForm Performance 300 Treadmill retails for around $600, but can be found significantly less than that online. It has some really good features like the computer with multiple workout options and the ProShoxTM cushioning system to help alleviate stresses on the body. But, there are also some less appealing features like the short running surface and weak warranty. The ProForm Performance 300 Treadmill can be a great machine for people who are looking for light running and exercise, but maybe not so great for someone who wants to test the limits of this treadmill.