Last Updated on January 30, 2020 by TFM Staff
Let’s Get Started:
Like most ProForm exercise equipment, the Performance 600c Treadmill is well designed, well built and well equipped. This best home treadmill has everything you’ll need for a great workout. This treadmill features the strong 2.75 CHP Mach Z Commercial Motor that provides motorized speed up to 12 mph and incline up to 12%. These settings can be adjusted quickly with the one-touch controls on the console. The Performance 600c Treadmill has a large 20”x60” running surface that you see on the higher end treadmills and a nice comfortable deck that utilizes shock absorbers to take stress off of your joints. This treadmill provides a great running experience with these design features.
The console on the ProForm Performance 600c Treadmill is also well equipped. It comes with 22 programmed workouts, but even better, it has the ability to connect to iFit. With iFit your exercise possibilities are endless. You can compete with friends, or use Google MapsTM to run virtually anywhere in the world. The console is also iFit compatible and has a nice fan to keep you cool during your most intense workouts. These features provide a very enjoyable exercise experience and keep you coming back for more.
- Length: 79.62”
- Width: 36.63”
- Height: 59.25”
- Weight: 255 lbs
- Running surface: 20”x60”
- Max user weight: 325 lbs
- 2.75 continuous horsepower Mach Z Commercial Motor creates high levels of inertia for a smooth, powerful feel and promises a quiet in-home experience.
- Accommodates walking, jogging and running with speeds up to 12 mph. Adjust your speed at the touch of a button.
- Quickly adjust your incline between 0 and 12% to target specific muscle groups and burn more calories.
- One touch controls adjust your speed and incline in seconds at the touch of a button.
- ProShox cushioning throughout the deck area so as you walk, jog or run, your joints will be thanking you.
- Heart rate monitoring through dual handlebar grip sensors.
- iPod compatible sound system allows you to plug into the console.
- Innovative EasyLiftTM Assist telescoping shock helps you lift and fold the deck up and out of the way for convenient cleaning and storage.
- CoolAire workout fan keeps you cool and comfortable during your most intense workouts.
- 6” backlit display.
- iFit enabled allows you to get a new workout every day, automatically track your progress, replicate real-life runs with Google MapsTM, compete with your friends and custom-tailor your training to your specific goals.
- 22 built-in workout programs.
- Display readouts include:
- Calories Burned
- Vertical Feet Climbed
- Heart Rate
- Frame: Lifetime
- Motor: Lifetime
- Parts: 2 year
- Labor: 1 year
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the ProForm Performance 600c Treadmill depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. However, some retailers, such as Amazon.com, will provide free shipping.
The instruction manual outlines 19 steps to assemble the ProForm Performance 600c Treadmill. They provide you with an Allen wrench to help with the process, but you’re also going to need your own adjustable wrench and a Phillips screwdriver. Getting through the instructions is going to take you a little over an hour to complete, but if you take your time, it is not too difficult.
What We Love About the ProForm Performance 600c Treadmill:
At this price range, some treadmills will start downgrading the size of the running surface, but that’s not the case with the ProForm Performance 600c Treadmill. This treadmill is equipped with a large 20”x60” running surface just like the top of the line treadmills. The deck also uses a nice ProShox cushioning system that utilizes four large shock absorbers to take the stress off of your back, hips, knees and ankles. So, after your done walking, jogging or running, your joints will be thanking you.
One great thing about the ProForm line is that most of their higher lines of exercise equipment come with the ability to use iFit. The Performance 600c Treadmill just makes the cut and also has it equipped. On top of the iFit capability that gives you access to Google MapsTM to run virtually anywhere, the Performance 600c Treadmill has 22 programmed workouts of its own on its console. The console will also play music by connecting through your iPod so you can listen to your favorite tunes while exercising.
What Isn’t So Great:
Heart Rate Monitoring
The biggest drawback of the ProForm Performance 600c Treadmill is its heart rate monitoring. Yes, it can track your heart rate, but only through handlebar grip sensors. You cannot use a chest strap heart rate monitor with this treadmill. Grip sensors are better than nothing, but they are not as accurate as a chest strap. Additionally, if you are running, you’re going to have to jump off or slow your speed way down to take a reading. Even so, the accuracy of these readings is questionable. If this sounds like a concern to you, check out our reviews of the ProForm Power 995i, ProForm Pro 1000 or the NordicTrack C 1650 Treadmills.
Final Word on the ProForm Performance 600c Treadmill:
The ProForm Performance 600c Treadmill is a nice treadmill. It is well built, had good components and is very nice features. We especially like the large running surface and the excellent console on this treadmill. We do with that the Performance 600c Treadmill did have the ability to use a chest strap heart rate monitor, but you’ll need to look elsewhere for that feature. All in all, this is a good treadmill, well worth the price tag.