Last Updated on May 11, 2021 by JP
ProForm knows how to equip a treadmill to achieve a good workout and the Pro 1000 Treadmill is no exception. This treadmill has everything you could possibly need at an unbelievable price. It’s so unbelievable that we don’t think there’s another home treadmill that can match the Pro 1000 Treadmill’s components and features in the same price range.
Starting with the motor, you get a strong, commercial grade 3.0 continuous horsepower Mach Z motor. The motor provides speed up to 12 mph and incline up to 12%. The speed and incline are adjusted automatically at the touch of a button. The running surface is huge at 20”x60” and the deck has a great ProShox cushioning system that takes the stress off of your hips, knees and ankles. The console on the ProForm Pro 1000 Treadmill is equally great. There are 22 programs loaded on to the console and it has iFit capability that will allow you to create even more workouts using Google MapsTM and compete with friends. iFit also gives you the ability to track your workout data. You can track your heart rate through the hand grips or with a chest strap heart rate monitor, but you’ll need to provide your own. To wrap it all up, ProForm provides lifetime warranties on the frame and motor and a three year parts warranty. Like we said, the competition can’t compete with the features on the ProForm Pro 1000 Treadmill.
- Length: 80”
- Width: 37”
- Height: 59”
- Running surface: 20”x60”
- Item weight: 222 lbs
- Max user weight: 325 lbs
- 3.0 continuous horsepower Mach Z commercial motor creates high levels of inertia for a smooth, powerful feel and promises a quiet in-home experience.
- Accommodates walking, jogging and running with speeds up to 12 mph. Adjust your speed at the touch of a button.
- Quickly adjust your incline between 0 and 12% to target specific muscle groups and burn more calories.
- One touch controls adjust your speed and incline in seconds at the touch of a button.
- ProShox cushioning throughout the deck area so as you walk, jog or run, your joints will be thanking you.
- Heart rate monitoring through dual handlebar grip sensors or with a compatible chest strap heart rate monitor (not included).
- iPod compatible sound system allows you to plug into the console.
- Integrated tablet holder allows you to enjoy your favorite shows, music and movies while you workout.
- Innovative EasyLiftTM Assist telescoping shock helps you lift and fold the deck up and out of the way for convenient cleaning and storage.
- CoolAire workout fan keeps you cool and comfortable during your most intense workouts.
- 6” backlit display.
- iFit enabled allows you to get a new workout every day, automatically track your progress, replicate real-life runs with Google MapsTM, compete with your friends and custom-tailor your training to your specific goals.
- 22 built-in workout programs.
- Display readouts include:
- Calories Burned
- Vertical Feet Climbed
- Heart Rate
- Frame: Lifetime
- Motor: Lifetime
- Parts: 3 year
- Labor: 1 year
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the ProForm Pro 1000 Treadmill depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. However, some retailers, such as Amazon.com, will provide free shipping.
You’re going to need a few tools to assemble the ProForm Pro 1000 Treadmill. The packaging provides you with an Allen wrench, but you’re also going to need a Phillips screwdriver and a wrench. The manual outlines 18 steps to the assembly process that are illustrated and easy enough to follow, but it’s going to take you some time. If everything goes right for you, you should be able to complete assembly in right around an hour.
What We Love About the ProForm Pro 1000 Treadmill:
Features & Price
The ProForm Pro 1000 Treadmill is loaded with features for a great price. At the time of this review, you can find this treadmill on Amazon for under $700. Unfortunately, prices are likely to vary. For this price you will not find another treadmill that stands up to this one. It has a huge 20×60 running surface, large 3.0 CHP motor, 22 programmed workouts and iFit capability, automatic touch button speed up to 12 mph and incline up to 12%, iPod capability, heart rate monitoring through handlebar grips and optional chest strap, and lifetime warranties on the frame and motor. You may be able to find one or two of these features on the competition, but we guarantee you will not find another treadmill that has all of this at this price.
The construction and features on this treadmill are hard to beat and there’s really nothing we can complain about in this price range. However, there have been some users who have had issues with the functionality of some of these features. There are more than a few instances where the fan doesn’t work or actually causes problems with the motor. There have been other various functionality issues with the incline controls, console screen and heart rate sensors. The ProForm Pro 1000 Treadmill warranty is really good, which helps out, but the ProForm customer services isn’t as good.
Final Word on the ProForm Pro 1000 Treadmill:
For the right price, the ProForm Pro 1000 Treadmill can’t be beat. It has everything you’ll need to get a comfortable, intense and enjoyable workout. It also has way too many features for other treadmills to compete with it. The only issue that we are seeing is that there are some users who have had issues with some of these features and components. Not everyone, but enough to comment on it. For the price we’re finding on the ProForm Pro 1000 Treadmill it might be worth the risk though.