Let’s Get Started:
The SOLE F85 Treadmill is a top of the line piece of exercise equipment. It has some of the highest quality components you’ll find on the market. Just take a look at the features list below.
While it doesn’t have every single bell and whistle imaginable, it does have most of the latest features you’ll find on any treadmill. One of the best is the patented folding deck that locks in place when vertical and practically lowers itself when you want to start exercising. With its powerful 4.0 CHP motor it offers controlled speeds from 0.5-12 mph and incline up to 15%. These feature capacities are higher than you’ll find on most treadmills. Read on for our full treadmill review below and we’ll hash out all the particulars on the excellent SOLE F85.
- Height: 58 inches
- Width: 37 inches
- Length: 83 inches
- Weight: 265 lbs
- Running Surface 22”x60”
- Folding deck with patented rack & pinion system with the Safety Lock Design that locks the deck into place when the treadmill is in the upright position.
- Easy Assist Folding Deck Design allows you to release the deck, step back and watch it unfold effortlessly.
- Cushion Flex Whisper Deck provides comfort and quiet workout as well as reducing impact of up to 40%.
- Precision welded frame ensures durability and strength to handle multiple users of various weights and heights.
- Industrial quality, high torque motor with large diameter, all-steel zinc coated balanced flywheel for a vibration-free secure running/walking surface.
- Large, high-end 2.75” rollers with sealed bearing design and copper ground wires make for a smooth, quiet, static free motion that will stand the test of time.
- Double woven 2-ply rubber belts over a middle PVC layer with a nylon backing that rolls over the deck and rollers that provide a smooth, durable surface that is free from over-stretching.
- Speed from 0.5-12 mph with a 4.0 CHP motor.
- Incline from 0-15%.
- Heart rate monitoring through pulse grips and included chest strap.
- MP3 compatible sound system.
- Cooling fan.
- Maximum User Weight: 400 lbs
- 9” backlit blue LCD display
- 1 manual program
- 5 standard programs
- Fat Burn
- 2 custom programs
- 2 heart programs
- 60% of Heart Rate Maximum
- 80% of Heart Rate Maximum
- Workout data includes:
- ¼ Mile Track
- Frame: Lifetime
- Motor: Lifetime
- Deck: Lifetime
- Electronics: 5 Years
- Labor: 2 Years
Shipping and Assembly:
Amazon ships the SOLE F85 for free. And SOLE Fitness offers three delivery options. They are:
- Residential Delivery – Completely free of charge by a freight partner along with a tracking number. You will be called prior to delivery to schedule a time convenient to everyone. The driver will unload the equipment from the truck and the rest is your responsibility.
- Ground Inside Delivery – Comes at a charge of $99 and again delivered via a freight partner with a tracking number. Once a delivery time is confirmed, they will deliver the box inside your home to a room of your choice. Unpacking and assembly are your responsibility.
- Turn Key – Not recommended as the manufacturer states assembly is simple, and it comes with a charge of $239. The machine is delivered and assembled wherever you want in your home
SOLE Fitness has been providing exercise equipment throughout North America for decades. They have been the fastest growing brand in the US and Canada the last five years. Their target market are hotels nationwide, but have slowly evolved into residential sales. SOLE Fitness equipment is known for quality performance under rigorous use. They provide lines of bikes (both upright and recumbent), treadmills, elliptical machines and rowers.
What We Love About the SOLE F85 Treadmill:
The SOLE F85 Treadmill is a quality piece of exercise equipment. It’s strong, durable and quiet…three of the qualities nearly everyone is looking for in a treadmill. This treadmill is packed with high quality components from its frame to its motor to its folding deck. There are few treadmills on the market that can stack up to these quality components.
Quality & Durability
SOLE Fitness pulls out all of the stops with the F85 Treadmill. First, this treadmill has a powerful 4.0 CHP motor that can maintain a running speed up to 12 mph. Combining this motor with large rollers and an industrial strength flywheel provides a quiet and smooth operation. The welded frame with a 400 lb weight capacity ensures that nearly anyone can exercise on this machine and it’s going to hold up. Finally, it has a large folding deck that provides a 22”x60” running surface and absorbs up to 40% of your impact. SOLE Fitness is known for providing quality exercise equipment, and the F85 Treadmill is no exception.
This treadmill comes with 10 workout programs including 1 manual, 5 programmed, 2 custom and 2 heart rate. However, I’d like to see more pre-programmed workouts than this. Additionally, another expectation would be to have some type of connectivity to either a workout app or ability to download workout data so that you could track your performance over time. SOLE lacks these extras on nearly all of their exercise equipment and it’s always their biggest drawback.
For the most part, the SOLE F85 Treadmill is very quiet. However, there are some that state that their machine started to develop squeaks. Some people can’t stand any noise and others really don’t care. As we said before, quality is definitely superior on this treadmill; the squeaking is definitely not from poor components. With that being said, if this is something you just can’t stand, maybe you need to give it a test drive before making your purchase.
Final Word on the SOLE F85 Treadmill:
For the price, the SOLE F85 Treadmill is a solid buy. If you’re looking for a very high quality treadmill that will get the job done and is built to last, this is one to consider. In the F85, SOLE Fitness has designed a commercial grade treadmill at a personal home fitness price. Overall, the SOLE F85 Treadmill is going to take a beating, continue to provide outstanding performance, and keep you in great shape for many, many years. Highly recommended.