Rated as a “Best Buy”, the SOLE S77 Treadmill has the power of a club quality treadmill. No need to join a club, the treadmill gives you everything in the comfort of your own home. The SOLE S77 Treadmill has all the same great features as the F85 SOLE Treadmill and adds a 4.0 continuous duty HP motor also incorporates the largest deck that SOLE Fitness offers, an exceptional 22” wide running surface that is comfortable for any runner. These powerful additions make the S77 treadmill quite a fitness package. It’s even rated for users up to 400 lbs.
When you’re in heart-rate training mode, the SOLE S77 Treadmill automatically makes adjustments to the incline to keep you in your target heart-rate zone. And the included wireless chest strap touts a 99.9% accuracy rating. The treadmill motor carries a lifetime warranty, as well as a lifetime warranty of the deck andframe. Safety features include a 0.5 speed start, textured belt and 10-amp circuit breaker.
The treadmill console is user friendly with a vibrant LED display that includes a message board for clear instruction and feedback. The information that is displayed at all times include speed, incline, time, distance traveled, calories, pulse and pace. There is also a ¼ mile track feature and a peak and valley graph for different programs. The console also has built in speakers which aloe you to hook up any MP3 player, or iPod, for easy listening.
- Height: 58”
- Width: 35”
- Length: 83”
- Running surface: 22”x60”
- Item weight: 265 lbs
- Max user weight: 400 lbs
- Heaviest duty chassis and motor in its class. Beginning with powder coated all steel welded frame and heavy duty stable incline, industrial quality motor with large diameter, all steel zinc coated balanced flywheel for a vibration-free secure running/walking surface.
- Flywheel offers a start speed of 0.5 mph and provides a fluid motion up to 12 mph that you’re accustomed to at the gym or on a treadmill costing thousands more.
- Precision welded frame is durable and strong capable of handling multiple users of various weights and heights.
- Cushion flex whisper deck designed to provide users with a comfortable and quiet workout as well as reduce impact up to 40%. The reversible deck is the same type used in commercial grade models and is wax lubricated, which means less work on the motor during use.
- 2.75” rollers with a sealed bearing design and copper ground wires for each roller to reduce static. These large rollers make for a larger contact surface against the belt and longer roller and belt life. This makes for a smooth, quiet, static-free motion that will stand the test of time.
- Double woven 2-ply belt with four layers. Two rubber layers over a middle PVC layer with a nylon backing that rolls over the deck and rollers. The rubber provides the durability, the PVC stops the belt from over-stretching and the nylon provides a smooth static-free surface to glide over the deck and rollers.
- Epoxy powder coated paint baked to appliance finish durability. This finish protect the all steel construction, along with welded steel, not bolted, the frame is indestructible thus the lifetime warranty.
- Heart rate monitoring through pulse grips and also chest strap compatible to provide intense, target heart zone training.
- A seriously vibrant 9” blue screen with large clean readouts provide users with helpful information.
- Integrated message board that send scrolling messages to the user in an effort to guide them through the details of every workout. Think of the message board as having someone standing next to you reading from the owner’s manual on what to do next in just about every function of the treadmill. The message board also recaps your entire workout after you are finished so you can see your progress.
- 10 built-in programs
- 6 Standard
- 2 Custom
- 2 Heart rate
- Display readouts include:
- Distance Traveled
- ¼ Mile Track
- Peaks & Valleys Graph
- Frame: Lifetime
- Motor: Lifetime
- Deck: Lifetime
- Electronics: 5 yr
- Labor: 2 yr
Shipping and Assembly:
Shipping costs will vary for the SOLE S77 Treadmill depending on where you purchase from and what type of delivery you prefer. However, some retailers, such as Amazon.com, will provide free shipping.
The biggest issue with the assembly of the SOLE S77 Treadmill is its weight. Put together, the treadmill weighs 265 lbs. SOLE® Fitness does provide an illustrated assembly manual and they also have some videos on their website to help with the process. Since the treadmill is pre-assembled, you can have it together in 30-45 minutes.
What We Love About the S77 SOLE Treadmill:
Quality & Warranty
The SOLE S77 is one of the SOLE’s high end treadmills and they load it with quality components. It’s powered by a huge 4.0 CHP motor that operates the treadmill from 0.5-12 mph and 0-15% incline with its rack and pinion design. It also has an enormous 22”x60” running surface with equally large 2.75” rollers and a 2-ply belt for a smooth and durable running platform. The frame is completely precision welded with no bolt on parts to again ensure quality and durability. SOLE backs the treadmill with lifetime warranties on the frame, deck and motor and adds a 5 year electronics warranty and 2 year labor warranty.
What Isn’t So Great:
Like most SOLE Fitness treadmills, the S77 Treadmill has a few programmed workouts loaded into the console, two of which are heart rate programs. For runners who like more of a variety of motivational exercise programs, you’re going to have to look elsewhere. Additionally, the SOLE S77 Treadmill does not have the ability to download workout data or connect to an app that would be able to do this for you.
Final Word on the SOLE S77 Treadmill:
The SOLE S77 Treadmill is good investment in your health. It’s a solid, well-constructed treadmill and it is going to last forever. Our only issue with the treadmill is the lack of programmed workouts and ability to track your performance. If this something you are also looking for, you may want to check out our reviews of the LifeSpan, ProForm, Schwinn or Nautilus treadmills. They offer more along these lines, but typically you’re going to give up a little on the quality and durability side.