Last Updated on February 12, 2021 by JP
Let’s Get Started:
The NordicTrack X9i Incline Trainer Treadmill is the most affordable model in the NordicTrack incline trainer series. Aside from the lower price, other differences with the X9i model are a less powerful motor of 3.0 CHP, a smaller touchscreen of 7 inches, and a slightly less generous warranty of 5 years for parts, 2 for labor, and lifetime for the frame. However, while the NordicTrack X9i is leaner when it comes to a couple of features, it still boasts its most important draw—the 40 to -6 degree adjustable power incline. The design, electronics, built-in entertainment system, and incline capabilities still rank this model as a premium buy as far as treadmills go.
The X9i treadmill doesn’t skimp on the built-in workout programs: You can enjoy all 44 workout offerings, as is the same for the NordicTrack X22i and NordicTrack X11i models. In addition, the NordicTrack X9i is iFit Coach compatible, and with a monthly subscription, you’ll have access to daily nutrition, sleep, exercise, and activity tracking, as well as an infinite amount of potential workouts to keep you engaged in the long term. In the extremely unlikely case that you find yourself bored, you can use the tablet holder to secure your own device and watch your media of choice directly from the tablet.
The built-in Reflex cushioning provides ergonomic design and softens impact to your joints. This is especially great when paired with the adjustable power incline, which doubles the incline range of other incline trainers on the market. The ability to adjust the incline will give you full control of your workout intensity, and NordicTrack has even done to research to show that the incline range in this series can allow you to burn five times as many calories as other trainers on the market.
- Height: 71.6”
- Width: 39.6”
- Length: 70.2”
- Item weight: Not Available
- Max user weight: 300 lbs
- 7-inch smart HD touchscreen brings you personal trainers from around the globe to keep your workouts varied, interactive, and engaging
- 44 built-in workout apps and programs to keep your fitness interesting
- iFit Coach compatible and tracks your nutrition, sleep, exercise, and daily activity to help you reach your goals and provide infinite workout routines (requires a subscription)
- Adjustable incline up to an impressive 40 degrees, as well as a decline of 6 degrees, allows you to burn five times the number of calories in your workout
- OneTouch® controls make changing the intensity of your workout easier and quicker than ever
- 3.0 CHP drive system to help you power through your workout
- Built-in, ReflexTM Cushioning brings enhanced comfort to your joints with every step
- Integrated heart rate monitoring using the built-in sensor grips or the free iFit® Bluetooth® wireless chest strap
- Dual AutobreezeTM workout fans automatically adjust to keep you cool according to the intensity of your workout
- Built-in auxiliary music port allows you to plug in your own music and train to your favorite tunes
- Frame: 10 year
- Parts: 2 years
- Labor: 1 years
- NordicTrack also provides a 30-day money back guarantee
Shipping and Assembly:
- You can purchase the X9i Incline Trainer and receive free shipping on the NordicTrack website (click here to check). This offer may be for a limited time only.
- The X9i Incline Trainer can easily be assembled at home using the provided instructions.
What We Love About the NordicTrack X9i Incline Treadmill:
Double the Adjustable Incline/Decline
The power adjustable incline and decline of the X9i has a tilt range of -6 to +40 degrees—a range that is nearly double that of standard treadmills. While this special feature is not unique to the X9i, and is also featured on the X11i and X22i, it is still one of the main reasons to purchase it. The incline and decline adjustability allows you to control the intensity of your workout and burn up to five times as many calories compared to other treadmills, as mentioned earlier. The incline on this treadmill also helps to mimic outdoor running conditions to give you a more natural workout experience. While the incline on this trainer is impressive, it is important to note that with a lower motor drive system compared to the X22i and X11i, the X9i may feel less stable at higher speeds and is more suitable for less intense workouts.
44 Workout Programs
While the NordicTrack X9i has a smaller screen of 7 inches compared to the larger touchscreens of the other models in the family, it still packs a punch with 44 unique workout programs. Having these as an option will ensure that you’ll never get bored, even if you choose not to subscribe to an iFit Coach paid membership. If you do decide to purchase iFit Coach, you’ll have access to a premium entertainment package that’s bound to help you reach your fitness goals.
What Isn’t So Great About the NordicTrack X9i:
Motor Drive System
The NordicTrack X9i Incline Trainer has a 3.0 CHP motor drive system, compared to the 4.25 CHP motor on the X22i and the X11i. While this is an adequate motor, it is not quite suited for high intensity workouts at steep incline and maximum speeds. For these reasons, the X9i is best for entry-level trainees. For trainees looking for the most intense workouts, you may want to take a look at the other models in the series and consider a more reliable motor drive system.
Final Word on the NordicTrack X9i Incline Trainer Treadmill:
The NordicTrack X9i Incline Trainer is the most affordable in the Incline Trainer series from NordicTrack, and even so, it remains a luxury buy as far as treadmills go. That’s because it has nearly double the range of incline compared to other incline trainers, and is built with great design, and fantastic entertainment, albeit on a slightly smaller screen than the others in the series. It only seems to fall short with its 3.0 CHP motor drive system, which may not be best for trainees looking for intense workouts. Rating: 94/100.