Last Updated on November 5, 2021 by JP
Figuring out where to buy a recumbent bike can be frustrating. You obviously can’t pick one up at your local corner store.
The truth is that it’s not as difficult as it seems. You simply need to know where to look. Where you buy it also depends on your budget.
All products have a cheaper or more expensive option. The price difference is usually due to quality and extra features. Certain stores only sell high-end sports equipment. And others stick to the more affordable ones.
This article discusses how much recumbent bikes cost and where to buy them.
Where Can I Buy A Recumbent Bike?
How Much Does A Recumbent Bike Cost?
Before we cover what stores sell recumbent bikes, it’s good to get an idea of what to expect for costs.
The average cost of a recumbent bicycle is between $200 and $1000. Now let’s break that down a little more.
A recumbent bike under $200 will have the minimum features. These bikes are usually without the extra frills. You can find an affordable one with extra features like a progress tracker. These are perfect if you have a tight budget.
The best recumbent bikes under $500 will have more features than the basic bike. This could include extra levels of resistance, an LCD screen, or a media tray. Some have Bluetooth as well.
For the best recumbent bikes under $1000 you should expect tons of features. These are usually the features of a bike under $500 plus loads more. These can include:
- An incline adjuster
- Pulse sensors on the side handlebars
- A cooling fan
- A sound system
- A bottle holder
There are many different brands and models out there. The trick is finding the one that fits your budget and meets your criteria.
What Stores Sell Recumbent Bikes
You can buy a recumbent bike at most sporting goods stores. These will likely only sell the more expensive bikes. Some fitness stores only stock recumbent bikes that are over $1000.
If you want a more affordable option then try department stores and big wholesalers. You can find a bike for under $200 at these stores. That’s not to say they won’t have more expensive options. But the most expensive bike will be less than $800.
You can buy the bike in-store or online on the store’s website. Although not all stores have that option.
An in-store purchase might be more appealing to some. Everyone has their preferences and budget. Seeing a list of features online is not the same as testing them in-store.
There will also be personnel to help you choose the one that meets your preferences.
You can buy a recumbent bike from a strictly online store too. You won’t be able to inspect it before it arrives on your doorstep, but it’s a convenient option.
If you choose to go that route, be sure to do your research first. Get recommendations and look at recumbent bike reviews before deciding.
What Is The Best Recumbent Bike To Buy?
You might be wondering why recumbent bikes are so expensive. The more expensive ones have more features, although they are sometimes overpriced. You can probably find a cheap recumbent bike with the same features as one that is over $500.
Below is a short recumbent exercise bike buying guide to help you find the right one.
- Resistance: Recumbent bikes can have multiple levels of resistance.
- Comfort: The seats are either hard, ergonomic plastic, or cushioned (the materials can vary).
- Adjustability: All recumbent bikes can shift forward and backward. Some more expensive models allow you to adjust the incline as well.
- Storage Space: Some bikes can fold to half their size. Most are big and bulky.
- Extra Features: This depends on your budget. The more features it has, the more expensive it will be.
- Warranty: Make sure it has one.
What Is The Point Of Recumbent Bikes?
The main purpose of a recumbent bike is exercise. People use it to get fit, for physical therapy, or recreationally.
Recumbent bikes offer many health benefits:
- Recumbent exercise bikes with good back support can help those with back pain.
- The bigger seats are more comfortable.
- The reclining position takes the pressure off lower-body joints.
- It offers excellent resistance training to strengthen and tone muscles.
- It improves the range of motion in injured joints and increases flexibility.
- They provide low-impact cardio which is ideal for people with cardiac limitations.
- They are lower to the ground and safer for those with mobility problems.
The recumbent bike is suitable for all fitness levels and is easy to adjust to your preferences.
If you’re having trouble deciding which recumbent bike to buy, it’s always an option to rent a recumbent exercise bike.
Remember, the bike doesn’t have to be perfect; it only needs to be perfect for you.